I love Halloween. I really do. I have such great memories of Halloween growing up (despite the hilariously weird costumes my mom would come up with - love ya mom!). I've always looked forward to the day when I'd get to create those same fun memories with my own family. What I didn't plan on was spending my first kid's first Halloween... at a basketball game. That's right. Sadie had her first trick-or-treating experience in the Spectrum before the season's first Aggie basketball game. This might sound like a little bit of a let-down, but it actually wasn't. First of all, what better place is there to show off Sadie's costume? Second of all, due to the fact that the trunk-or-treat steals all the trick-or-treaters (this really bugs me, but I won't go into that...), we probably would have spent our night waiting in vain for the doorbell to ring. This was WAAYYY better! Here are some pictures from our Halloween/b-ball experience and some other fun things leading up to it.
Sadie wasn't too sure about all the famous Spectrum noise when we first got there...
...but she got used to it! *insert Kevin's sigh of relief*

Showing her Halloween colors (and enjoying the nice weather)
Sadie tried to help with pumpkin carving, but it was a little too messy

So she settled for a Sadie-sized pumpkin instead!
I think that sounds like a great way to celebrate! I totally agree...trunk or treat has ruined the tradition of trick or treating! Anyways, she is dang cute!!!
ReplyDeleteNat, I wish you could have been there too!!! We definitely missed you! And I love the costumes!
ReplyDelete