Friday, February 13, 2009

Bathtime, Curls, and Tummy Sleeping

Putting Sadie in the bathtub is equivalent to giving her a Red Bull. Lest you think I'm joking, get a load of this picture. Water churning, gushes of water spraying everywhere. That's our typical bathtime.


Pause... give mom a "look"... go back to splashing.


I know most kids are probably the same way, but it still shocks me when I get a face full of water as I try to scrub her down. And you should see the bathroom after she's done. Water on the floor, the toilet, the doors, the mirror. Not to mention how I look. Think drowned rat. (Okay, okay... maybe I'm exaggerating. But not by much.)
Her excitement is a big turnaround from the baby who used to look like this during bathtime:



Have you ever seen such an angry, accusing look on such a little baby? Puts daggers in your heart, doesn't it? :) Also take note of her que-ball bald head in that picture. I took a picture the other day after her bath of what her hair looks like in the back now:

It might seem dumb to take a picture of the back of her head, but I couldn't resist. If you look closely, you can see that she's got some gentle curls at the bottom. This makes my heart happy for one reason: I always wanted curly hair growing up. And the hope that maybe, just maybe, Sadie will have some curl makes me grin from ear to ear. Besides, what's cuter than a baby with curly hair?

And now for one last random picture in this random post...



I caught her sleeping like this for one of the first times the other night. I don't know how she does it. If I tried to sleep like that, my limbs would all be completely numb by morning and I'd have a serious neck ache!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, our kids must be related!! I think the only thing funner than one crazy kid in the bathtub, is two. Sam loves to splash poor Halle, who always seems surprised by it (although she does it too). And Sam and Sadie have the same hair, same waves, everything. I used to put lotion in Halle's hair to bring out the curls (I know that sounds odd, but it worked AND it made her hair smell fabulous). And Sam has started sleeping on his tummy and loves "playing" the piano too, just like Halle and Sadie.

    Perhaps all babies are like our kids, but I like to think that it has something to do with those shared genes. I can't wait until we can come to basketball games with you guys. I can just imagine the kids having so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so comfy in those jammies. I'm glad she enjoys the bath so much. I want you to post a picture of you being a drowned rat. I also get surprised with little splashes. Hooray for curly baby hair. She's gonna get even cuter.

    ReplyDelete