1. Sadie has a stubborn streak. Woe be to the person who tries to make that girl take a sippy cup when she doesn’t want it! You just might get said cup thrown at your head.
2. Sometimes putting the baby to bed early and eating take-out Chinese food by candlelight on the living room floor is just as romantic as a real Valentines date.

3. 9:00 am church is doomed to be an exhausting ordeal for the next five months. I'm ready to lobby for a change in church policy that will allow one-year olds into nursery.
4. Saying “no” sternly when Sadie drops food on the floor only makes her laugh.

5. Seeing Easter candy in the grocery store makes me long for spring. And sunshine. And it makes my mouth water. :)
6. Knee-walking is, in fact, faster (and more fun) than crawling now.

7. Hearing Sadie cry for me when I leave for work in the morning brings new meaning to the work “heartbreaking.” It’s awful.
8. The decision to go from two naps to one has saved Kevin and me from a lot of banging-our-head-against-the-wall moments. Why didn’t we do this months ago?
9. Weaning from a bottle is not necessarily an easy task when the subject decides she’d rather be dehydrated than drink milk from those awful sippy cups (see #1...)
10. Feeding the ducks is great entertainment for a one-year old (or, judging by the look on her face, maybe it's just plain frightening?)

She is so cute Natalie! The older she gets the more I think she looks like your husband! 9 o clock church should just not be allowed to parents who have children under 5! I will never get to church on time with these two children. I could wake up at 4 and still not make it! We barely made it at one! Maybe they should have a special sacrament for young parents that starts at 6 pm!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative and funny! She is darling and I agree dinner at home can be just as great as dinner out.
ReplyDeleteWe like a little fire in our future daughter-in-law. :) I'm glad someone else is not fully enjoying the sippy. If it makes you feel any better, Emerson doesn't even react when I say no. He already acts like he doesn't hear me. Sadie's a cutie and I hope for your sake that her stubborn streak subsides.
ReplyDeleteGood lessons. I have to disagree about the church one though. Just wait until you have one-o'clock church. Say good-bye to that precious nap.
ReplyDeleteI love your new blog design, it reminds me of my wedding..great color choices! ;) I love your header too, it's adorable.
ReplyDeleteI love how Sadie "knee-walks". And two piggy-tails! Wow that girl is growing up and getting tons of hair! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteSorry, one more comment - did you design your background yourself? If so, where'd you get the paper and embellishments for it? I love it!
ReplyDeletesadie's knee-walk is so cute!!! she is just a doll! i love the picture of you two together feeding the ducks :) good luck with the 9 o'clock church. we have 1 o'clock church and it's terrible for aiden cause it's right during his nap time...oh well. what do you do?
ReplyDelete