Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1.5 Years

The kiddo turned 18 months old yesterday. 18 months! That’s so... not babyish. Freaks me out a little, I’m not going to lie.

18 months old is a pretty amazing age. This kid is learning so fast. Every time I turn around she’s picked up on something new. Whether it’s building a tower out of her blocks, learning her shapes, or saying a new word I don’t remember teaching her, I’m constantly taken aback by her knowledgeableness (What? That is so a word. I think.)

Some facts about Sadie at 18 months:

- She has 16, (yes, 16!) teeth. Everyone’s always a little surprised when she flashes that adorable toothy grin.
- She is obsessed with balls of every size, shape, and color. Not only does she yell “baaahhhh” (ball) every time she sees an actual ball, she does it when she sees pictures of them too. That includes circles that just look like balls.
- She has her own quirky versions of all the animal sounds. For example, when we ask her what a duck says, she lets out this guttural “aacccckkkk” sound that sounds more like she’s hacking up a logy. It always makes us crack up. (see the video...)
- We’ve entered the “dressing self” stage. She’ll sit for minutes at a time, trying to fit some random article of clothing (not always pants) over her feet. Sometimes she’s partially successful... most the time, not.
- She loves to snuggle. Whether it’s her blankie, a stuffed animal, or just someone’s shoulder, she loves to “give loves.”
- Stranger anxiety. For the first time ever. It sucks.
- She’s got great hand-eye coordination for a one-year old. Kevin’s hoping this means future athlete. I’m hoping it means virtuoso pianist. Knowing Sadie, it will be something totally different. :)

And... for all those who care (hi parents!) here's a video of Sadie. It takes her a long three minutes, but I got some of her favorite words out of her. She usually signs a lot more, but she apparently wasn't in the mood (and who am I to argue?)

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVED the animal sounds! Especially duck. So cute and you Nat sound JUST LIKE YOUR MOM! I can actually hear her saying "goon" just like you did. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! :) I can't believe how big she's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow she is so stinkin' cute! That age is so fun...but they are definitely stubborn! My niece is about Sadie's age and I always try to get to to say "heavy" because it's so funny when she says it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got your e-mail! THANKS SO much for the info! Oh my goodness, what a little CUTIE you have! I CAN'T believe how big she is getting! I laughed SO hard when you described the sound she makes for duck and then again when she did it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute Nat! I love that age when they are so full of surprises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't hear a single prompt for "grandma".....you've really got to work on that one!! Such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how little kids say animal sounds. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Emerson was playing across the room when I started watching the video, and he came running as soon as he heard her voice. Then he sat still on my lap the WHOLE time. And he did the doggy noise with her (that's his all-purpose noise for every animal). That's true love. I can't believe how big she is and how many words she says! What a cutie! And I love her toothy grin. :)

    ReplyDelete