Thursday, July 30, 2009

18 Month Pictures

I've got a bazillion pictures backed up on our camera, waiting to be blogged about. (Don't worry, I won't blog about ALL of them. That would just be boring. Maybe only a hundred of them.) The problem is that all those pictures are sitting on my camera at home. And the last thing I want to do after coming home from six hours of staring at a computer at work is to get back on the computer at home.

Lucky for all those grandparents out there who are dying for pictures of Sadie, I opened my email this morning and Sadie's 18-month pictures we took yesterday were sitting in my inbox, waiting to be blogged about. Yay!

Kevin and I debated back and forth about whether or not to get these pictures taken. After all, we did just drop mucho money on a nice camera, partly so we wouldn't have to go back to a portrait studio. Unfortunately, I'm just not that great at it yet. So we figured, might as well pay a visit to good 'ole JC Penney. We like that they're dirt cheap. As in, like 75% cheaper than Kiddie Kandids. I'm a little bitter KK raised their prices, obviously.

Unfortunately, Sadie was being a goon. And our photographer was kinda blah - she just sat there and watched me chase Sadie down over and over again. No cute voices, no toys... nothin'. And she kept trying to give Sadie all these elaborate instructions, like "lay down on your tummy and put your elbows up and your chin in your hands." What? Honestly, woman. She's one. years. old. Not five. Do you really expect her to follow complicated instructions? Anyways, as a result of Sadie's goony-ness, we got a lot of these kinds of smiles:

We also got a few "tender" moments. (Actually, Sadie paused for a minute to give us a "look" in the first one and in the second, decided to maul the flower. Whatever.)



And, in the end, we really did get some keepers. I thought they actually didn't turn out half bad. Even though they aren't all "ideal" portraits, I love that all of the pictures perfectly show her personality. Love this girl!





11 comments:

  1. What a cute girl! You and kev do good work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nat they are ADORABLE! It's so fun when you get the silly ones that show their personalities! Such a silly girl! And SO CUTE!!! I know what you mean though! I REALLY want to take a class or get a good "how to take pictures of kids" book so I can take good pictures by the time my baby arrives! I wish our camera came with specific settings like "for babies, indoors", "for fast-paced toddlers" etc! That would be SO much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a really cute girl. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya.....love that girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are adorable! I love her cheesy smile. What a cute little personality she has. And I love her little dress. And her hair looks like big girl hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures. I think you got some good ones. It gets harder and harder to get good pictures of toddlers. Especially last time we tried to get pictures of both girls. Belle wouldn't sit still next to Aliyah for very long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them. I especially love the last one with her legs crossed. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heck! Beautiful! She is so stinkin cute! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pics! I do love how they capture her little personality. Just seeing them makes me want to drive right up there so the kids can play together. We all love Sadie! Silly girl!

    ReplyDelete