Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

Hoo-boy! Life has been C R A Z Y at our house lately. Between new work schedules, general summer busyness, and new callings for both Kevin and I, we've barely had time to catch our breath. Or see each other. So I've been slightly slacking in the blog department (well... slacking for me anyway).

Our 4th of July was great, though. The only downside was that we didn't see a single parade. I know - aren't we unpatriotic? Ah, well... here are our favorite parts of the weekend.


Top 5 Highlights: 4th of July Version

1. Our second year of scoring a highly coveted spot right under the Romney Stadium fireworks.


2. Watching Sadie go from panicked that the fireworks were out to get her, to tense wariness, to glazed-eyed apathy, to so sound asleep that not even the grand finale could wake her. It was almost more entertaining than the fireworks.

Taken right as we packed up to leave. She's a little dazed...

3. Family. We like them.


4. Sadie’s first-ever experience with corn on the cob. I thought she was going to choke, she inhaled that thing so fast.


5. Stars on a teeny-tiny toddler bum.


And, on a slightly unrelated note... Sadie also discovered a new fascination with the decorative waterfall in my grandparents' backyard. I just love those little toes!


5 comments:

  1. She is just adorable isn't she? I love the corn...and you can definitely tell she's her mother's daugher with the stars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend - thanks for sharing it with us!! I'll have to send you some of the swimming pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nat she is getting SO big! Her hair is SOO cute! I love those little pig tails. And the star-bummed skirt? I would expect nothing different from your little girl! She is just cute cute cute all over! :) I am SO jealous that you got to see Romney Stadium fireworks! This is the first time in a long time that we haven't ... let alone fireworks at all! I was missing my USA :( We are coming in August and I can't WAIT to see you and that little cutie of yours! (and Kevin, too :)) We will be in Logan like the 12-15 or something like that and then WVC until the 22. Hopefully you will be around!
    ps. I had NO IDEA the glass capsules were only attached by that little hinge at that bottom! When we got on you couldn't see how it was attached so I didn't even think about it! In fact I didn't until you mentioned how scary it must have been... which is probably a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pps! What are your new callings???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a cutie! I LOVE her little pigtails. She's getting to be such a little girl. I bet those fireworks (or rather Sadie DURING the fireworks) was pretty entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete