Up until recently, I've been just a tad bit worried about Sadie's lack of interest in anything girly. Well, maybe worried is the wrong word. I'm a strong believer in exposing kids to toys that are both feminine and masculine, I've just been surprised how drawn Sadie is to the "boy" toys like balls and cars. I had pretty much accepted the fact that my little girl was destined to be a tom boy. Until a couple of weeks ago.
One day she was obsessed with chucking balls, the next day babies. Babies, babies, babies.
It has been ALL about "bee bee" (baby) at our house. The cute little Cabbage Patch baby doll we bought her last Christmas is now her best friend. (Did you notice it clutched in her hand in all the pictures in my last post?) She takes it everywhere.
The baby is all cute and good, but we've discovered a small problem. Yes, we've got a baby doll, but we're dismally lacking when it comes to ANY of the accessories for baby (this a serious hint drop for upcoming Christmas presents). Luckily, Sadie has shown she has a surprisingly good imagination and has come up with all kinds of make-do accessories by herself. I probably could go out right now and buy her some "real" stuff, but it's quite entertaining to watch her figure out substitutes. And hey - she's perfectly happy with what she's using, why should I be in a rush to go out and buy new stuff? :)
One day she was obsessed with chucking balls, the next day babies. Babies, babies, babies.
It has been ALL about "bee bee" (baby) at our house. The cute little Cabbage Patch baby doll we bought her last Christmas is now her best friend. (Did you notice it clutched in her hand in all the pictures in my last post?) She takes it everywhere.
The baby is all cute and good, but we've discovered a small problem. Yes, we've got a baby doll, but we're dismally lacking when it comes to ANY of the accessories for baby (this a serious hint drop for upcoming Christmas presents). Luckily, Sadie has shown she has a surprisingly good imagination and has come up with all kinds of make-do accessories by herself. I probably could go out right now and buy her some "real" stuff, but it's quite entertaining to watch her figure out substitutes. And hey - she's perfectly happy with what she's using, why should I be in a rush to go out and buy new stuff? :)
You should pull out some of Sadie's baby clothes and let her use those! That's what we used as kids :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! Isn't it crazy how they can come up with things all on their own? What a cutie! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute - I love to see her little imagination developing! Are you sure we have to wait til Christmas to buy baby stuff???? I don't know if grandma can do that!
ReplyDeleteNat I love your blog! It always makes me laugh! Your little Sadie is growing up so fast! So cute!!!
ReplyDelete