Friday, July 30, 2010

So. Turns out we're building a house.

Yep. You heard me. Apparently we didn't think moving apartments a couple months ago, Kevin starting a new job, me quitting my job, AND a baby coming soon was quite enough chaos, so we decided to throw something else into the mix.

Most the details are boring, so I'll spare you. But in a nutshell, we're moving farther north, closer to where Kev works. We're super excited about the lot we settled on (mostly because it's huge!) and equally excited about the house plan (the outside is going to be green. yes, green. don't judge - it actually looks really good.)

We most likely won't break ground until the middle of September and we're crossing our fingers that they finish before Christmas. I know. Fun time to be moving, right? (Not so much.)

So, yeah. House. Baby (sometime). New job. Lots to think about around here, that's for sure.

That could be why I'm writing this post at 11:00 at night instead of sleeping.

And speaking of baby, we got to see the kiddo's cute little full-grown profile today in an ultrasound. At my check-up today, my doc thought she was measuring small. As in, really small. Worried about issues with amniotic fluid - and a few other issues with my uterus that you're really probably not interested in - he sent us to get an ultrasound. Let me tell ya, it's weird seeing a baby that far along in an ultrasound. She was... big! And everything was fine, which is great. The not-so-great news? He would have induced me if there was a problem. Now, I really and honestly was extremely relieved that baby was healthy and normal sized. But the tantalizing thought of having this baby now was...tempting.

Now it's back to giving her little pep talks about how she should really decide to come out on her own. So far, nada. She's ignoring me. I think I need to switch the pep talks to myself in order to make myself be patient. :)

Wow, did you make it to the end of that? This is what it looks like when I write long, rambling posts late at night. Now, I'm going to bed!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! And I'm so glad everything is ok with baby girl. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad everything was ok, but I understand how that could be a slight let down knowing that she could have been here. I'm guilty of FAR worse. I look at statistic of babies born at this stage in my pregnancy and think, "eh, they'd have a 95% chance of survival. I'm willing to play those odds. Get them out!"

    Thus further proof that I will be a terrible mother....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That is way exciting! I am jealous..it will be a while before Steve and I can buy a house...how fun!

    Good luck with the last little while before your little sweetheart gets here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it was that Allen 2nd wind or what, but I thought that post was pretty entertaining!! :)

    ReplyDelete