Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Blog. And yes...

...I’m still here. And very much pregnant, in case you were wondering.

Since everything else I have to say about this subject is in the form of negativity (I will not complain, I will not complain!), I’m going to leave it at that.

BUT I finally got around to changing the blog! See? There is something to be said about not having a newborn yet and having nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon while everyone else naps.

I’m still not sure how I feel about the new design. It’s a little cutesy, but I’ve been absolutely stuck over a new name. I wanted something a tiny bit creative. And I couldn’t take the easy route and do something with our last name because I try to keep our last name off of here for safety reasons. (By the way, did I ever mention that our blog isn’t private anymore? You probably noticed. One of the many examples of my indecisive can’t-commit personality.)

Anyways. This seemed to be the best fit. Because, after all, this whole blog thing really revolves around these two little girls, even if I do insert my own opinionated two cents here and there.

Now, watch. We’ll have a boy next and I’ll be in a pickle all over again.


**Okay, okay. I just can’t help myself. I just have one tiny thing to say about being 9 months pregnant. Never, never tell a woman who is one week from her due date, “You’re so big! I can’t believe that baby’s not here yet.” It’s just. not. cool. I don’t care if it’s true. I’m miserable enough as it is – there’s no need to make me feel like bursting into tears.

That’s all. Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Cutesy is good! Sooo excited to see pics of your two girls together, I'll bet Sadie is stoked!

    And congrats on the house, how fun will it be to build, paint, etc however YOU want?! Woohoo!

    One more week?! She could be here any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the blog name dilemma! I completely want to overhaul mine again and I redid it not that long ago, but coming up with something cute that I like is a difficult task...
    Lol, I'm sure you don't look that big! I still have 2 months to go and I HATE it when people keep telling me I look so big. Great.... thanks... ;) I'm excited to see pictures of the new little one soon though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - you are not super big. (I know, I know - another thing not to tell a pregnant woman, but it's true!)

    Second - whoever thinks it's okay to say, "That baby's STILL not here" has never been pregnant, I swear. With Scott, when I was only 8 months pregnant, I started getting that every week at church. "What? You're still here? Haven't you had that baby yet?"

    "Um, yes, I did, but I don't want everybody to see him, so I'm keeping him stuffed up my dress, thanks."

    And, where are you building your house at? Just to the north east of Kevin's work, or more to the north west? All of Brandon's family is out that way, and actually live right by the two places Kevin was telling me you were looking at. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I was two weeks overdue with Scott, so those comments and questions went on for 6 weeks! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what you were going to do about the name of your blog. Perfect!

    Congrats on the new little one. What a great surprise to find a text on my phone announcing I had a new niece. I have half a mind to run the kids up there today to meet her. But we'll give you time to settle in before we bring our zoo along with us. Let us know when you are ready for company, because I can't wait to see her (and see Sadie as a big sister - I bet she is so cute!) Stan says she is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blog name..and If I'm ready the comments right...all the waiting is over. :) yay! Congrats! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just heard the good news CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet she is adorable! I love the new blog name and look. You are so creative that way. I hope you are doing well and the baby is well also!

    ReplyDelete