Thursday, September 30, 2010

Completely and totally... random.

Sadie has stopped taking naps. I've been fighting her about it for weeks and I finally decided a few days ago that it wasn't worth the toll on my sanity. So now she gets "quiet time" where I shut her in her room and don't let her out for an hour or so. Is that mean?

I also took another sanity-saving step yesterday by deciding to stop folding the girls' clothes after they've been washed. It's pointless. Sadie is obsessed with changing her clothes lately and tends to pull ALL the clothes out of her dresser (including Ellie's) when I'm not looking. So my method now will be to separate the big clothes from the tiny ones... and dump them in the drawers. The end.

Ellie has spit up in my hair at least a dozen times in the last few days. And now the great debate starts... do I cut it? It took me such a long time to grow it out, but seriously. Walking around with crusty, sour-smelling hair is just... gross.

I put my Fall decorations up today. It made me happy. :)

Have I mentioned that I'm completely smitten with Fall in Cache Valley? I can't wait to go take pictures.

Our "dig date" for our house is tomorrow. Tomorrow! This deserves its own post... coming soon, hopefully.

A couple of months ago, I found a recipe for Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. One of my most favorite desserts ever. It's not quite as good as the real thing, but it's close. Yummm... (You can find it here. Try it. You'll thank me.)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of your girls. It is so beautiful. As for the quiet time? I STILL do that with my kids and they are 10 and 13. Serious, every Sunday after church? One hour in their rooms. They like it. I like it. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are completely reasonable sanity-saving steps!
    Wahoo for the start of the house!!! And Logan in the fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your random thoughts - they always make me smile! Yay for breaking ground on the house! The fun begins!! Cute pics of my cute grand-daughters - have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE them???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Logan the most during fall time, especially drives up Logan canyon and taking long walks through old streets!

    Yay on the house, that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post. Why didn't I think of not folding clothes anymore? That's genius! And the picture of your girls is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously thought Ellie (did I spell that right?) was a doll when I first glanced at that pic! Your girls are SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete