Monday, October 4, 2010

Adventures in Hiking

At first, I wondered if we were crazy to try. Hiking is for families with big kids, right? But we were in for a surprise. We loved it so much that we went twice in two days - once to the Limber Pine Trail that's almost at the summit of Logan Canyon and once around Tony Grove Lake.

Highlights of the trip? 
  • Sadie was in seventh heaven amongst the rocks and dirt (sometimes that kid so not a girly-girl).
  • She was also completely thrilled with the idea that there might be deer somewhere close. So thrilled, in fact, that she kept yelling, "here, deer, deer, deer!" Pretty sure that may have had the opposite effect. :)

  • Thanks to our cheap little front carrier (seriously, who needs to spend $100-plus dollars for one of these?), Ellie spent her time zonked out comfortably against my chest. She’s still so light that even after over an hour of walking each day, I barely noticed the weight.

  • At one point, Kevin and I were casually talking about what would happen if we got lost on one of these trails. We didn't think Sadie was listening and didn't even mention the word "lost," but all of a sudden she stopped, threw up her hands, and said, "Oh no! We really so lost, guys!"

  • Turns out Tony Grove Lake is a lot bigger than it looks. That's the last time we'll trust our inexperienced perception We were a little exhausted by the end.

  • The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Crystal clear blue sky, fall leaves bursting with color... need I say more?

 Limber Pine Trail Hike:








  



Tony Grove Lake Hike:




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fall pictures of Logan Nat!! I'll just keep staring at them to get my needed dosage. ;) Looks like a lot of fun and I'm jealous about the inexpensive baby carrier!! They don't exist here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! These pictures are beautiful! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to take Z up in the mountains, and baby carriers are one of the BEST inventions EVER!

    Your pictures are amazing, you are very talented Nat! Wish we lived closer and we could join you in Logan canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME pix Nat! I LOVE them! And how fun! I wanna go on a hike now! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete