Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Month

This little girl...


...is one month old! (Okay, tomorrow she is. But we won't be around tomorrow.)


We’ve accomplished some big things this month. Ellie has…

Smiled! Just today, actually. And do you know who she smiled at? Sadie. You know that “life is about the moments that take your breath away” saying? This was one of those moments. It was completely amazing.

Slept through the night. It looks like I have another (Sadie was great too) awesome sleeper on my hands. She’s been sleeping in 4-5 hour stretches since week one, and we just had our first 7-hour night. I wish I could credit my awesome parenting on this one, but I’m convinced it’s simply a temperament thing. It makes up for all the trouble they’ve given me in the eating department. :)

Turned into a bit of a chub (just look at those cheeks!). At her 2-week appointment, she was 8 pounds. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she has put on another pound. We’re almost out of newborn clothes!

Ventured all the way to Pocatello at just 2 ½ weeks old – and survived the onslaught of extended family members passing her around.

Been screamed at (that was a bad moment – it most definitely was not one of those take-my-breath-away moments), pestered, poked, kissed, hugged (and maybe almost smothered), and generally loved by that crazy big sister of hers.

Happy one month, little girl!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that month went fast!!! She is adorable and yay that she's such a good little sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast is an understatement! That's crazy that she's a month old already! She's beautiful nat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaaaat? She's slept through the night? I'm beyond jealous. Can we have our babies get together and have Ellie give my girls a pep talk? She technically is older by a few hours so I'm sure they'll listen to her. Have her tell them that all the cool kids are doing that these days. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd BETTER give yourself credit for her sleeping through the night. That's freakin' awesome at one month old. Sammi just started 2 days ago, and I thought that was good at 6 weeks old! Man, you've got it down. She sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one month birthday cutie Ellie!!!!

    ReplyDelete