*Sorry - it's been posting overload around here. But today is Kevin's birthday and I've been working on this post for a few days as part of his birthday present, so you'll have to deal. :)
The guy is 27 years old today! I know. Ancient. :) So here are 27 reasons I'm glad he agreed to marry me 5 years ago...
1. He reads every post I make on this blog and always compliments me on them.
2. He loves to score a good deal as much (or maybe even more) than I do, which leads me to the next one...
3. He gets up before the crack of dawn with me every year on Black Friday. How awesome is that?
4. He loves to do outdoor work. I love a man who's not afraid to get dirty. :)
5. He can strike up a conversation with literally anybody. I'm jealous of this one.
6. He’s got the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know - myself included.
7. Every time he puts Sadie to bed, he sings her the Aggie fight song and the Scotsman (another random Aggie song). She now knows most of the words to both.
8. He looks extremely handsome in a suit and tie.
9. Even though some guys might be embarrassed that their wife and kids come see them at work a few times a week to bring them a Tupperware full of leftovers for lunch, he tells me all the time that he loves to see us.
10. He tells me thank you for dinner after every meal (even if it was sub-par).
11. He is the world’s bravest spider catcher. He can walk right up to the biggest, most monstrous spider I’ve ever seen and squish it with just a couple pieces of toilet paper without batting an eye. One time, one even squirted him in the face mid-squish (ewww!) and it hasn’t deterred him a bit.
12. He always gives me a big kiss and hug the minute he walks in the door from work.
13. He sits down with Sadie to have a daddy-daughter chat with her almost every day.
14. He’s the reason my Fantasy Football team is doing so awesome this year. He picks up really good players for me all the time, even if it means doing it at the expense of his own team.
15. He doesn't mind going shopping with me. Even for clothes (and that takes some serious patience).
16. Even though I can tell it annoys him, he’s usually patient with my decorating ADHD (I can’t keep a picture in the same place on a wall for the life of me).
17. He makes me laugh. Especially when I need to laugh the most.
18. He’s great to have late-night talks about deep subjects with.
19. He listens to my music, even though I know he doesn’t love it.
20. He’s always eager to help out other people – especially family.
21. He works hard so I don’t have to (work of the paying kind, anyways).
22. He turns into a big kid who jumps up and down with excitement when it comes to two things: Christmas morning and Yellowstone.
23. He makes Sadie pancakes (her very favorite food) almost every morning that he’s home.
24. He’s unfailingly honest, especially when it comes to his job.
25. He is generally just a very happy person who looks for the good in life.
26. He’s a worthy Priesthood holder.
27. He has given me two beautiful daughters.
I love you, Kev!

This is Kevin and I need to add one item to line 22 Which is the AGGIES
ReplyDeleteGo Kevin! Way to take good care of Nat and your girls. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that Sadie knows the words to the Scotsman and the fight song. Happy birthday, Kevin!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good hubby and daddy Kev! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
ReplyDelete