Little Miss Ellie is 3 months old!
I seriously love this kid. Yes, she has the loudest, most ear-piercing scream you’ve ever heard. (Especially when you perform one of the two evils: putting her on her tummy or putting her in her car seat – she hates both of them.) Yes, she’s got a constant Niagra Falls of drool and spit-up coming out of her mouth, requiring a bib all day to cover up all of her cute outfits. But there are so many things to love, it makes up for the headache-inducing scream and the drool and sour milk all over my shirt. For example, she has a serious love affair with her fists. She lives for the moment when she can work not one, but both fists up to her mouth, where she noisily slurps away. Binkies? Not the slightest interest. It’s all about the chubby little hands with this girl.
Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.
(By the way, do you love her onesie? My cousin-in-law made it. SO cute.)
The kid is strong, too. Much stronger than I remember Sadie being at this age. She started doing the lock-my-legs-and-stand-up-straight-because-I-think-I'm-big thing when she was just a little over 2 months old. And it doesn’t matter how tight we swaddle her, she almost always breaks free within a couple of minutes. The other morning, I walked into her room to find that she had turned herself more than 45 degrees and was totally out of her blanket:
She is also learning to grab onto toys. It’s completely hilarious to watch her look of surprise and confusion when the toy in her hand actually starts to move after she grabs onto it. I can just see her thinking, “wait – am I doing that?”
And, best of all, she’s still an incredible sleeper. The girl sleeps longer than Sadie does at night, usually going for a full 12 hours – sometimes more. She also has a hearty appetite, which is pretty obvious judging from the adorable chub that she is (I’m not ashamed to say that I kiss her squishy cheeks at least a thousand times a day.)
![]() |
| This picture cracks me up. The angle makes her look even chubbier than she is, plue you add the sly little smile and Yoda ears poking out of the headband and you get pure awesome. |
Yep, Ellie is definitely loved around here. Hard to imagine it’s already been 3 months since she took her spot in our little family






Three months.....wow, where does the time go? But at the same time, its seems that she's been with us forever! Such a cutie - kiss those chubby cheeks for grandma!! Love ya,
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie pie and SO DANG CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh what a cutie! I love the onesie on her! I'm so glad it fits. Go Aggies!
ReplyDeleteShe is so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDelete