Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Stats




Ellie's one today, in case you haven't heard. :) I don't have her official weight/height stats since her dr. appointment isn't until Friday, but here's everything else you may or may not want to know about little Ellie-Belly at ONE YEAR OLD!

(There's also another post below. I know - I tend to go a little blog-crazy on my kids' birthdays. :))


She's finally pretty good at pulling herself up to a standing position, but no steps at all.

She still takes two naps but has started to fight the first one, much to my displeasure. I was really hoping she'd hang on to the morning nap for longer than Sadie did.

She definitely inherited the family sweet tooth. She tolerates the veggies and other non-sweet stuff I put in front of her, but give this girl a piece of fruit - or, better yet, a taste of popsicle or other sugary sweetness - and she devours it.

She's done with bottles and formula (yippee!) and didn't even flinch when I gave her straight whole milk a couple weeks ago. I think we have another dairy lover in the family.

She has caught on to talking and signing a lot faster than Sadie did and can sign "more," "sleep," "all gone," "baby," and "dog." She can say "mama," "dada/daddy," "uh-oh," "ball" and even "Sadie" (although that one sounds a little like daddy). I forgot how disgustingly cute talking can be at this age!

Grandma Carol just taught her how to give kisses last weekend. Super cute, but be prepared for a slobber-fest!

If you tell her to give a toy a "love," she immediately wraps her chubby arms around it in a bear hug.

She pats my back when she gives me a hug. Just like I pat hers.

We get a lot of comments from random strangers when it comes to two things: her irresistibly chubby cheeks (of course), and her hair. I guess people aren't used to seeing that much dark, curly hair on a baby her age.

When you tell her to dance, or sometimes just when she hears music playing, she shakes her head back and forth and/or bounces up and down.

She's still very much mommy's girl. One evidence of this is that lately, every time Kevin goes to tickle me or wrestle with me when he's wrestling with the kids, Ellie freaks. She's a little protective. :)

Her favorite things at this age are: books (great entertainment in the car), balls, balloons, doors and drawers (resulting in our fair share of pinched fingers), dogs, and being outside.


Yep, she's just about the greatest thing ever! Love her!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ellie!!!! I miss you guys and hope you had a fabulous Birthday! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the prettiest little thing! Happy birthday (yesterday) Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! No wonder you love her so much. So beautiful and smart to boot!

    ReplyDelete