Well, talking, anyways.
Walking? Mmm...not so much. Not unless you count this as walking:
Now don't be fooled by that cute little face.
Yeah, that one. I know. It's tempting: the chubby cheeks, wrinkled nose, double chin, gap-toothed grin. It's all very deceivingly cute. But this little girl is one big stinker. Because guess what? She can walk. In fact, she took a few very hesitant steps on her own a couple of weeks ago and then again a couple of days ago. She pushes that little walker-toy-thing (and anything else her size that she can get her hands on) around like she's been doing it her whole life. She backs up, flips a 180, and practically runs with it. And when you're holding her hand? She barely holds on. She waddles around with only an occasional squeeze to regain her balance.
The problem is, she's got a stubborn streak a mile wide. It's not that she can't do it - she just won't. It would be one thing if she didn't have the muscle strength or coordination. I'd be okay with that. But she can do it and I can practically see the gap between what I know to be better and easier for her and what she wants to do. (Oh man - is this a premonition of her teenage years or what?)
The whole deal drives. me. crazy. (She weighs 24 pounds. Can you see one reason WHY it drives me crazy?)
On the other hand, talking doesn't seem to be much of a problem for her. I've heard that some kids only focus on one skill at a time...I guess Ellie just thinks talking is more fun than walking? That's what I'll console myself with, anyways. She can say a bunch of cute new words, but I think I'll save the list for later in the week when I do her 15 month post.
So...she will walk - I know that. And I'll probably look back on these months and laugh at my frustration. But right now? The suspense is killing me.
And for good measure...
At least she's cute.




I can't count the times I've said "at least you're cute!" to Kate! :) Sometimes I really think that is why they come tiny and cute other wise we'd throw them out the window! :) (ok, not really:))
ReplyDeleteHaha, for one we have that little walker-thing and all Charli does is hold on to it and won't move. For two, at least she can move! And for three, yes, she is darn cute! Hope she starts goin on her own soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I love her curls!!
ReplyDeleteI think that's true too...Z is very physically advanced, but his talking isn't as good as some of the kids his age who aren't motoring around 100 mph all the time...she'll do it when she wants, don't worry!
(Plus you're going to have some seriously great looking arms!!) :)