Our Halloween was fantastic! Despite a little stress over the costumes (I've vowed this is the last year we're doing a "family theme" but we'll see if I remember that next year...), we had a great day.
I tried and tried (and tried and tried) to convince Sadie to be something besides Rapunzel. She wouldn't hear of it. A couple of the princesses at Disneyland asked her if she was planning on emulating the famed purple princess for Halloween, and that sealed the deal. Being anything else was out of the question. So...I gave up and went with it. And since Kevin had to dress up for work and Sadie was dying for him to be Flynn Rider, I figured we might as well all play the part.
Sadie the Rapunzel and Ellie the Sun. (We were going to make Ellie Pascal, the chameleon from the movie, but I felt guilty after the Dopey debut last year. A sun seemed a little more feminine to me, I guess.)
![]() |
| Smacking herself in the head with her frying pan. :) |
![]() |
| Chubby little yellow sun. Is there anything more awesome? I think not. |
We actually went to our trunk-or-treat AND trick-or-treating this year. I still continue to be a little disgruntled over trunk-or-treats, so I insisted Sadie get some actual door-to-door TOTing this year. She loved it. So much more fun than walking in a circle in a parking lot. :)
Annnnd...here are our costumes. Yes, I'm Mother Gothel (the villian). And my costume is kinda lame. But I think Kevin's turned out pretty cool, so I shouldn't complain. And Sadie was over-the-moon excited to have her daddy be Flynn Rider, which made it totally worth it.
Here she is, pretending to hit Flynn with her frying pan...
Lots of candy was to be had by all in the end, and Ellie finished off the night by looting her sister's stash while Sadie wasn't paying attention. Smart, smart baby. :)






Ha, ha...I vow every year that me and Lance are actually going to dress up but then we never do...we're lame, maybe next year... ;)
ReplyDeleteI must say though, that I LOVE your themed costumes! Especially Sadie's cute hairdo...way to go!
So cute...I love the themes. We have never been cool enough to do those :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! The costumes all turned out great!
ReplyDeleteOh so cute - what a fun day! Wish we could have seen you! Costumes are all darling - good job!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! I always love seeing the families that all dress up with a theme... Steve and I rarely dress up these days... maybe next year. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my heck I am so impressed. The costumes are adorable! Her Rapunzel hair is so beautiful--she has every right to be proud of it. And your costume is NOT lame. All of them are great. What a cute idea.
ReplyDeleteSadie's hair is AMAZING!!! I just watched the movie last night and her hair is EXACTLY like it! How did you do that!? I'm totally impressed! It's WAAAAAY better than any wig I've seen! And having her carry a frying pan was so cute! All of your costumes were awesome! Did you make them? I've never seen Ellie's (of course I wasn't on the lookout for a sun costume so maybe they are everywhere and I haven't noticed :))I love it when families have themes!
ReplyDelete