Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lights

I took almost no pictures over our Thanksgiving weekend. Nope. None. It was kind of nice, actually. Sometimes I get tired of lugging that thing around with me.

I just couldn't leave it behind when we went to Temple Square, though. I probably should have. We were there the night they turned the lights on (although we missed the actual turning-on moment) and it was chaos. I spent the majority of the time trying to keep track of my family and make sure Sadie didn't run off, so I didn't get a chance to get anything really creative anyways. But for tradition's sake, here's what I got!

Looking up into the big red tree.


Sadie looking up into the big red tree. I didn't edit this at all - that's really how red everything was underneath that thing!

Sadie and my cousins (so...her second cousins?) admiring the temple. The best part of the night was when the three of them decided they wanted to climb to the top of the temple as Rapunzel and "let down their hair." What girls. :)

The tunnel of pink!
Crazy Ellie in her puffy green coat.

I had to include this just because Sadie was SO excited to see it. She's been talking about seeing the "Jesus statue" ever since we went last year to see the lights. When we finally got in there, though, she was a little worried that it was going to start talking to her. :) I guess it IS a little intimidating.

And last but not least...this one ended up being my fave. Such a beautiful time of the year!


3 comments:

  1. We were there too! Too bad we didn't see you, but we were there at the very beginning and left when it started to get crowded...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Sadie in the red light. The perfect awestruck expression! Wish I could have joined the fun. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that temple picture is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete