The TV was our Christmas present. We've needed one (and, yes, I'll admit it...wanted one) for a long time. Our old one was watchable, but the sound was terrible and the plug-ins for all the cords were going out. So a new TV it was! The problem was that after dropping all that money for a new TV, an entertainment center to fit it was definitely not in the budget.
Enter: Pinterest. I had seen a few dresser turned entertainment centers (I pinned a bunch here) and after showing Kevin some of the more impressive ones, I had him convinced. We knew it was meant to be when the stars aligned for us to immediately find an old dresser on KSL Classifieds that was actually being sold in Cache Valley (very, very rare).
It took us almost a month since we were rudely interrupted by that nasty stomach flu and general holiday busyness, but as of Christmas Eve at 9:00 pm, she was finished! And I love, love, love how it turned out!
Before:
After:
Pretty amazing how a dumpy old dresser can turn into something so awesome.
We decided to make shelves out of the top drawers for our DVD players and such. Thanks to Kevin's handiness, they turned out exactly as I pictured them. He's cool that way.
And I tried my hardest to convince Kevin to paint it a fun color. I really, really did. I was thinking purple, to be exact. But alas, he won out on that one. I think the black looks really classy, though. Can't complain. :)
Looks SO good - can't wait to see it in person! Enjoy the new TV! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome. Our is an old hutch we redid...I did it red :)
ReplyDeleteoooooh! I love it! Especially that little center drawer on the top. Kinda makes me want to do a cool project like that. I think I have the pick of the litter too on what piece of furniture I could buy and re-do considering I have NONE! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks great! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Love, love it! I'm unfortunately the handy one around here but without any tools, so doing something like that wouldn't be too simple. Great job on it! And congrats on the new tv! We just got an LG too. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I wish I had a handy husband...I should steal my dad and get his help to make me one! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove it! That is a lot of work and you made it look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI am pretty darn impressed.
ReplyDelete