So now we talk about how everyone dies, but most people don't die until they're very old. Of course, this has prompted a lot of questions about her cousin, Luke, who was stillborn, so we've also discussed how Heavenly Father sometimes sends people to this earth for only a short time. She asks about mommies and daddies dying a lot, too. I think she gets that from Disney movies. Have you ever noticed that almost every Disney movie has a missing mother or father? Or that someone tends to die every time - even if it's just the villain? No wonder she thinks about it a lot.
My favorite part of all of this is her interest in heaven. She's constantly asking me where it is (still haven't come up with a good, simple answer to this one yet), who lives there, and how we get there. A couple of days ago, she asked me if Jesus comes to pick us up and we walk to heaven with him. I'll admit, I was stumped because really...I don't know! Maybe he does. Maybe he picks up our spirit personally and we have a nice long walk and conversation with him. It's possible, right?
Heaven is also well-known as the place she lived before she came to earth. She likes to start sentences with "When I was in heaven...(insert random activity here)." Yesterday, she told me she thinks everyone in heaven sleeps in sleeping bags. Princess sleeping bags, to be specific. And...she also talks about how her future baby brother or sister lives in heaven right now. Let me be clear that there is NOT a baby brother or sister coming anytime in the near future. But Sadie is most definitely excited for the day when said baby brother or sister will make an appearance here. So much, in fact, that she has a tendency to tell people she's getting a baby soon. (She's not. Did I mention that? It leads to some very awkward denials on my part.)
I must admit, her certainty about where she comes from and why she's here on earth tends to warm my heart. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone on this earth had such a sure knowledge?
One more thing.
She's really pretty cute, too.

I love this post. I love the innocent faith of litte children. I love that little Sadie already knows about Heaven and her Heavenly Father. She has some pretty incredible parents that have taught her this at such an early age. Love you guys! And you're right...she IS pretty cute!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I know this is stupid, but I can't believe she's old enough to get stuff like that. I still picture Sadie as the shy little girl in nursery, now that's going to be Ellie and my girls in just a few months. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that we'll be sleeping in princess sleeping bags. That made me giggle out loud. :)
I really like this post. It is so hard when they start asking about dying, but its a perfect opportunity to teach them about the wonderful plan of salvation!
ReplyDelete