I don't know what it is about Christmas morning, but I'm not very good at taking pictures. I guess it's the one day of the year where I prefer being in the moment rather than sitting on the outskirts snapping pictures.
So even though none of these pictures are anything amazing, here's our standard annual Christmas morning picture dump.
![]() |
| Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve |
![]() |
| Reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas |
![]() |
| Opening stockings |
![]() |
| Sadie's gift from Santa. That's a lot of princesses in one place, people. I think she was a little overwhelmed. :) |
![]() |
| Reading Pinkalicious |
![]() |
| Ellie scooting around on her little car |
![]() |
| Sadie and most of her loot |
![]() |
| Ellie casually browsing a book |
![]() |
| Of course we had to get one with Kev and his beloved TV. Don't be deceived by his casual stance. He was bouncing around like a little boy all morning. |
![]() |
| And, just for kicks, here's one more of Ellie at my parent's house. She's just a bit of a goon, don't you think? |
__________________________________________________________________
And there are just a few little things I have to write down about the kids and Christmas. Because it would be a shame if I forgot how...
Sadie insisted on Christmas Eve that she was going to stay up late enough to talk to Santa, tell him what she wanted for Christmas, and hear him say "ho, ho, ho...Merry Christmas!" (She didn't. She bounced off the walls in her room for 30 minutes and then zonked until 7:30 the next morning.)
Ellie said "ho, ho, ho" every time she saw Santa (but not the real thing - the real thing made her wrap her arms around mommy in a vise grip).
Ellie's big, wide eyes and little mouth shaped into a silent "oh!" when she unwrapped her baby dolls and she got mad when we couldn't get it untangled from the box fast enough.
Sadie also told us on Christmas Eve that we (as in Kevin and I) had better get to bed soon, too, because Santa wouldn't come if we were still awake.
Ellie would immediately point to the baby Jesus in any nativity scene and say "beebee" (baby).
Sadie was more interested in Ellie's toys and Ellie was more interested in Sadie's toys when all was said and done. Go figure. :)










So cute. Those are great memories to write down and tell them later!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, those cheesy grins Ellie is making in all those pictures cracks me up. I. Love. It.
ReplyDelete