Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Photo Challenged

February: BLLLAAAAHHHH. I'm so over winter. Especially the deceivingly sunny days that tempt you outside only to have you shivering in your boots in the still-20-degree frigidness. I'm trying not to think about the fact that we still have a good three or four months of this left.

Ick.

So I'm starting a month-long photo challenge. I know it's not going to solve my winter blahs (I'm trying to convince Kevin that a cruise to the Bahamas is the only solution - he's not going for it for some odd reason), but it might distract me a little bit. And it will definitely challenge me. Because creativity doesn't exactly come easily - at least not to me - when you stare at the same walls of your house for most the day. And you live in the middle of a big mud puddle. And you're lucky if you get any sunshine breaking through the winter gloom. Cheery, right?!

Each day has a short, general prompt. The challenge for day one was "your view."

And here's the view I see most the day:



This is Ellie, begging me for food. This girl is definitely a "grazer." She loves snacks and whenever she spots me standing at the kitchen counter, she immediately runs over and asks to eat (which she says and signs - super cute).

And really - how could anyone resist those big, beautiful eyes? In this case, I gave in and handed her some marshmallows. :)

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely give in too! Gorgeous little face!

    P.S. I'm excited for this new photo challenge of yours. My slightly lame days are always made better when there's a new post on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kristen....I'm constantly checking your blog for some cute new pics to brighten my day! I love your pictures - you are a natural! (I guess it doesn't hurt that you have the 2 cutest "subjects" ever to photograph!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Australia is pretty nice and warm too....... ;) I'm excited to see all your photos!

    ReplyDelete