Well, we survived our first official "friends" party. We've given it a few half-hearted attempts in the past but this was the first time we did the whole she-bang: invites, party favors, games - it was all there!
Sadie got to pick her party theme and, of course, "Tangled" was the final winner. She saw some of the ideas I had pinned on Pinterest and it was love at first sight. Especially when it involved this cake...
It wasn't nearly as hard as it might look, thank goodness. Kevin cut out a round piece of wood for the bottom, we drilled a hole in it and glued a wooden dowel in the center, then stacked the cake and cupcakes over the dowel. Add a purple-covered waffle cone and lots of frosting and this is what you get! Sadie was smitten and I was just glad it was easier than I expected it to be. :)
The birthday girl (aka Rapunzel).
Rapunzel's super-long braid greeted everyone at the door.
When the girls first got there - dressed in their princess finery, of course - we gave them a Rapunzel picture to color. And we gave them their Rapunzel braid. Everyone got one and the girls were all thrilled to have their very own Rapunzel hair.
Our first activity was "pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider." I thought this was awesome, but I'll admit they got a little bored waiting for everyone to take their turn.
Next, everyone got to make a friendship bracelet.
Then we played "who can Tangle your partner up the fastest" (name coined by yours truly, thank you). They thought this part was pretty hilarious. After that, we sat down to watch Tangled Ever After, because it's short and because lately, Sadie loves it even more than the movie. There was lots of shrieking laughter during that part. It's pretty funny - I don't blame them.

Then there were presents.

...and the little sister (who refused to wear a princess dress, by the way) was very bored.
And we sang "Happy Birthday" and feasted on cupcakes.
During the few minutes we had left before parents came, we played "limbo" with the extra-long Rapunzel braid. That was hit too.
All in all, it was lots of noisy, giggly, girly fun. We invited a couple of other girls who couldn't make it and I'm kind of glad we only had the five (seven with S and E) that we did. It was pretty chaotic but definitely a success. And now I don't have to do it again for at least two more years! (Phew.)








How cute!! I love that Kevin was involved! We have only had 1 official bday party- they are super hard work.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! The first of many to come......
ReplyDeleteYour party is so impressive! It sounds like the perfect girl party.
ReplyDeleteIt turned out SUPER DUPER cute!!! You are so creative and fun! I love the Rapunzel braid on the door! And your cake turned out great! SO FUN! I'm sure Sadie was in Heaven the entire time!
ReplyDelete