Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our pseudo-vacation

For Mother's Day weekend we journeyed down to West Valley to see the fam. They just got back from a fun-filled trip to New York City and Boston - as Napolean Dynamite would say... "lucky!" At one point, I was considering taking Sadie and going with them because they had an extra ticket. I went to NY for high school choir and have always wanted to go back; however, I decided that I just couldn't abandon Kevin for a whole week to go on a cool vacation like that without him. Ah, the sacrifices we make for love...

It turned out okay, though, because we got to experience the whole trip through pictures and souveniers. My mom had a hay-day looking for the perfect gifts for Sadie.

It's hard to tell, but this is a little pink Boston Red Sox hat. Kevin assured us that as long as it wasn't Yankees, it was appropriate. Phew.



Sadie loves New York too! Who knew they made these onesies this small?


I tried to tell Sadie it's fun to be twinners with mommy. She wasn't convinced.

The happy family - New York style!


If you think this is just a mysterious round circle of something ordinary, you're sadly mistaken. It's only the BEST cheesecake on the face of this planet: Junior's! And my parents sent us some. They're amazing. You know that scene in "Friends" when Rachel and Chandler are eating cheesecake off the floor? Juniors. It's pretty much the most divine stuff you'll ever eat. And no, we didn't save any for you.

10 comments:

  1. Yum! Cheesecake! And I love that episode of friends, it cracks me up! I also love the NY shirts...remember how awesome our choir trip was? I want to go back on a church history tour of NY, but also do American history, so go to Philadelphia and maybe even go South to some Civil War reenactments! Maybe when we are passed the college student phase completely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had told us you wanted I LOVE NY t--shirts we could have gotten you one, from thailand! they are all over the place here. Not quite sure why, but they have everything! You guys look cute in your NY apparel! Jeep is hilarious, tell her hi from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie! It's Tara - I took your blog off of Tanelle's, I just started mine yesterday. I hope you don't mind. SADIE IS SO CUTE!!! Your pics and commentary are so cute. I can just imagine Jeep shopping and picking out all those for her. How Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and Sadie's matching shirts. I can't believe how big she is! And I love your hair! I'm glad you got some good dessert and shirts out of the deal, even if you didn't get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip to New York and you passed it up? Nat, I'm so disapointed. Do you realize that NY is only a two hour drive for us? Man it would have been great to see you. I guess the blog pictures will have to do until we get out to Utah again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie. I don't know if you remember me, but this is Shayla (draper) Stone, and I found your blog and just wanted to tell you how cute your little girl is! It looks like you guys are doing great and you have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I'm so glad you have a blog!! I love it, I can't believe you already have a little girl!! How fun, I can't wait until August:) Looks like you guys are doing good, tell Kevin I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting quite good at making your blog so cute. Love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Natalie, you're such a sweetie to not leave Kevin behind. I love the pics of Sadie in her cute little clothes. Emerson misses his little friend still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. I also just love your hair!

    ReplyDelete