Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Few Surprises

"I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" ...wait! That's not popcorn. It's a little more fluffy than popcorn. And it's not just on the trees. It's on the ground, on the cars, on the pretty flowers. No! It can't be... is that SNOW?!

So much for April showers bringing May flowers.

This is the sight that greeted me as I walked out the front door this morning:


It didn't stick to the sidewalks as much, but it completely covered the grass. Can you believe that?

But don't worry, the news gets a little better. I decided long before Sadie was born that I wasn't going to give in to the trend of cutting my hair after I have a baby. I really liked my hair when it was long, so I was determined to grow it out. What I wasn't expecting was for my hair to start falling out. It really started to get bad about a week ago - I think it's some weird postpartum thing. To make a long story short, I got so disgusted and frustrated with pulling out mile-long strands of hair that I chopped it yesterday! I figure if I can't stop it from falling out, I can at least make the hair that I have to clean up half the length.

Before... and after!

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh...don't get me started on the snow...it does NOT make me happy.
    BUT, I LOVE your hair! It is completely adorable and looks so cute! And it looks easier to do...I totally understand the whole "growing it out frustration". I've concluded that I never should have chopped it off last summer, but growing it out is SO hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I have always been way jealous of your hair, it's always so beautiful (long, and now short). You look great Nat!

    ReplyDelete