Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cause I'm Proud to Be an American...

The title of this post is dedicated to my sister, Kristen, who LOVES this song. ;)

We had a great 4th of July! My parents spent the whole weekend with us and we kept them busy with all sorts of Cache Valley-style activities.

On Thursday night, we watched the fireworks at Romney Stadium from our prime (and highly coveted) spot across the street. Kevin was one of those crazy people that put down blankets at 7:00 in the morning so we could get a good spot. :) We're officially bad parents because we kept Sadie awake the entire time, when her bedtime is normally at 9. I would have felt more guilty, but she was great almost the entire time. I thought for sure the loud fireworks would scare her, but she just stared at them with expressions similar to this:

Friday afternoon was spent at the Hyrum city parade. I'm telling you, if you've never been to a small-town parade, you're missing out. They're hilarious. This is just one example - apparently these barrel trains are quite the popular thing in small parades. I think someone had a little too much time on their hands...


Sadie in her first 4th of July outfit:

Later that evening we went on a picnic to Ryan's Place Park. This is pretty much the coolest park ever. Why didn't they have this stuff when I was growing up? Sadie had her first ride in the swing: Kevin, Kristen, and I had a heart-stopping race down the dragon slide (pretty sure I won, by the way):

Sadie and Kristen riding the tire swing (now this they DID have when I was growing up):
Random picture in the maze of a playground (Kevin obviously didn't get the memo that he was supposed to stand up - it would have been cooler):

I think my mom had a little more fun going down the slide than Sadie did. :)

5 comments:

  1. Those pictures are awesome!! It seems to me that Sadie wasn't having the MOST fun watching fireworks...is that a scowl? Ya know, Price City had those little train car things at their Carnival. Yep! Small towns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie is such a cutie!! And don't worry, one of these days, someone besides you will have kids too... I just have to convince Steve :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am glad you found our blog! I just started it so I am still kind of new to all this. Anyways, Sadie is adorable and we cant wait to meet her! Are you guys going to the reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun to pull up to your apartment and you all be there! i am so happy i got to meet Sadie. She is just as cute as her pictures!! So is Grandma Jeep :) Grandma Jeep...I am getting so old.

    ReplyDelete