Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy HALF Birthday!

Wow, time flies! I can’t believe my not-so-baby is six months old today. In six months she’s gone from this... ... to this!



My favorite thing about Sadie is how active she is. This kid never stops moving. (I have a feeling this is going to mean lots of work for us when she’s a toddler!) She’s constantly kicking, squirming, grabbing, and flailing. She's extra curious about everything around her and loves to charm people with her cheesy grin.
Here are some of Sadie’s other favorite 6-month-old things to do:
  • Sitting up (well, almost). She sits supported like a pro and IF we can distract her with a toy so she doesn’t wiggle, she’ll sit by herself for awhile before toppling over.

  • Standing. This has been a favorite for over three months, but she still LOVES it and always pulls her crazy excited face when we pull her up.

  • Eating cereal. She’s been doing this one for a month now but has secretly told us that she’s SO ready for fruits and veggies.

  • “Talking,” squealing, and laughing. This girl is a jabber-box! I love to have conversations with her. And I’m proud to announce my first motherhood victory: her first “unofficial” word was “Ma-ma!” (Usually accompanied by a few... or a lot... more “mas" and "bas.")

  • Playing in her jumperoo. World’s best investment!

  • Swimming. This has become one of our favorite summer activities.

  • Playing with her toes. Who needs toys??


We love you Sadie!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 1/2 birthday Sadie! Those are some major accomplishments. We have a jumperoo also and I know it is the best toy ever for children under 1. Sometimes I wish I could just put Belle back in it and not have her running all over for a half hour. Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are so excited to meet Sadie! it is so sad we haven't yet but I can't wait to see her in person. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is way to cute and growing up way fast. We need to get together some time, maybe before Melissa moves away

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Sadie is 6 months old! I feel we've missed out on so much, but hope to change that soon. We hope you are at the blessing and then we plan on making a few trips up to your neck of the woods before RSV season rears it's ugly head. Sam is almost as big as Sadie was when we last saw her. I can only imagine how much bigger she is now. It happens SO fast. She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love the new look of your blog. The new picture of Sadie is priceless. And to think Kevin once worried about whether or not she'd be cute. It looks like he had nothing to worry about after all!

    ReplyDelete