I’m sitting here trying to think of a way to start this post, but the only things coming to mind are
Viva Las Vegas!
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
The city that never sleeps!
Corny Vegas phrases, problem is none of them come remotely close to being a banner for our experience last weekend. Because have you been to Las Vegas with a toddler? It’s not exactly the nightlife, partying, gambling image you get when you think of Vegas. Not that we would be doing that kind of stuff anyways if we didn’t have Sadie ... at least not to our bishop’s knowledge.
Kidding.
Anyway, picture us navigating the wall-to-wall people with our big stroller, loaded with sippy cups, diaper bags, Sadie’s baby doll, and cameras. That was us. In a sea of crazy people, we were the ones getting double takes. Especially at 10:00 pm Friday night, when every woman we passed was dressed as if they were on their way to perform at a strip club (bah! my eyes!) and every other person was plastered or on their way to get plastered. In the middle of it all, I felt like our appearance screamed, “HI! I’m a MORMON!” Not that anything is wrong with that. I came away thoroughly glad I didn’t have to walk around in a glazed, drunk stupor (or worse) and instead got to rock my baby to sleep that night – fully sober.
Where was I? Vegas. That’s right. We were originally supposed to go to Yellowstone with my parents, but it was supposed to be a whopping 40 degrees with rain and snow there. Yuck. So we decided last minute to travel the opposite direction to sunshine and 90-degree weather. It was a good choice, but I’m pretty sure I caught Kevin staring off into the distance a few times, daydreaming of all the animals we should have been seeing at that very moment.
Highlights of our trip:
A perfectly content and happy Sadie for most of the trip, including during long car rides and confinement to a stroller or highchair.
Some of the best Italian food I’ve ever had.
Walking into Saks Fifth Avenue and finding a $4500 sequin jacket. What?!
Sadie learning to say “happy, happy, happy” – she sounded like some crazy person on the street. It was hilarious.
Teasing my dad for stubbornly insisting on bringing his coat. He didn’t need it, to say the least.
Discovering crème-filled Krispy Kreme doughnuts at our hotel. Best doughnuts on the face of the earth. They discontinued these in Utah – one of the saddest days of my short little life.
Did I mention the 90-degree weather? And the flip flops? Mmm....
And, last but not least, you didn’t think I’d forget pictures, did you? Course not...
Guess where this is? Cute family picture in front of a burger joint... classic.
We got there just in time to watch the lions' playtime at MGM.
Sadie thought the see-through tunnel under the lions was pretty fascinating.
Watching the fish in Rainforest Cafe with grandpa
One of the rides in Circus Circus. She squealed in delight the entire time - it was so cute.
Watching the Bellagio fountain show
Peeking through the pillars at the Venetian
My crazy parents. They're funny (and they'll probably kill me for posting this picture).
My two favorite people.
Swimming in St. George. I love close-ups.

Oh Vegas!!! You got to love it. Your hair is getting so long, it looks great!
ReplyDeleteSmart move on the 90 degree weather instead of the 40 degree! :) Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteUgh, Vegas. I really should take Lance there since he's never really visited but I just don't like it!
ReplyDeleteI heart that picture of Mom and Dad. bahaha! Wish I could have been there, looks like you guys had fun.
ReplyDeleteIs that the BEST picture you could find of us? Thanks Nat for showing my "good" side! It was a blast - thanks for inviting us to tag along! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI have so much to say..Great pictures Natalie, you are getting really good with your camera! I love them! You got some great ones of Sadie and your hair is so beautiful and your mom and dad look great, that is a great picture of them and I live in Vegas, I'm just saying...when I come to YOUR town I see you...I'm just saying!
ReplyDeleteNat--
ReplyDeleteYeah, definitely add our button! I'm going to have a giveaway that's all about publicity and getting the word out!! Plus, it's basically done :)
Looks like a wonderful trip to Vegas. 90 degree weather sounds so wonderful right now. :-D And this MN can maybe experience it in about 8 months. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! Oh Jeep and Scott! I love how Jeep looks like she is crying in the picture at Circus Circus! It looks like you guys had a blast, sounds like a lot more fun then the 40 degree weather you could have had! By the way, Happy Birthday today Natalie!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!!! I hope you got my e-mail! :D Great pictures!!! Don't you just love our camera? I'm glad you got to enjoy some warm weather! We have been having yucky weather here lately (well, aside from today and yesterday :)) so 90 degree weather sounds heavenly! Poor Kev though, I remember hearing how much he loves Yellowstone :(
ReplyDelete