The food spread:
The avid football watchers:
And the cuteness that is Miss Sadie Shay:
This year, Turkey Day was spent with Kevin's family. Sadie played her heart out with the kids and even ate her heart out when it came time for food. Pretty shocking when you consider how hit-and-miss she is with unfamiliar foods.
We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with the family, watching New Moon (finally - I was beginning to feel like the only girl on the planet who hadn't seen it), and doing the requisite Black Friday shopping. I have to include a tribute to my incredible husband here. I was kind of missing my crazy, enthusiastic family as we discussed the shopping agenda the night before, but luckily I had Kevin to get up with me at 3:30 in the a.m. to shop - and he did so with excitement, no less. One more reason I'm totally in love with this guy. It takes a real man to stand outside in the freezing cold for an hour and then brave the crazy people running through the aisles of Shopko when the doors opened (and then not teasing me too much about maybe... possibly... being one of those crazy running people).
As the weekend came to a close and it came time to say good-bye, the girls put on quite a show, complete with hugs:
...and a tackle by Sadie that ended in tears when Sadie bonked Halle on the mouth. Sorry, Halle.
This is Kevin, I got to correct Natalie. We actually got up at 3:00 not 3:30
ReplyDeleteThat is about the time I go to bed a lot of the times.