Sadie has been talking for a while, and I figure it’s high time we unveil the very first-ever edition of “Sadie-isms.” I’m pretty sure most everyone with a mommy blog and little kids does something similar to this, and I’ve always been excited for the day when it would be our turn. Today is the day. Now I have to say that Sadie’s talking is still pretty much limited to the basics. She’s learning fast and is quite entertaining, but we’re far from complete sentences and witty, intelligent conversations. It’s amazing, though, how adorable and/or hilarious a word or two at just the right moment can be.
***********************************
After watching the Aggies lose a basketball game:
Sadie: Aggies sad? (said with a very concerned look, I might add)
***********************************
Me: How many bananas are on your tray?
Sadie: One... tee-oo (two)...
Me: ...What comes after two?
Sadie: Toot! (Yes, she knows exactly what the word means. Yes, she had just tooted.)
***********************************
After seeing a picture of herself on my phone...
Sadie: Aw, coot! (Aw, cute!)
***********************************
I was having a sneezing fit the other morning. After sneezing once, Sadie laughed at me and said, “ah-choo!” After sneezing twice and then three times, Sadie firmly told me, “top” (stop).
***********************************
In church, watching Kevin pass the sacrament...
Me: Sadie, where’s daddy?
Sadie: Hi daddy!
Me: Ssshh, Sadie. Don’t yell.
Sadie: (at the top of her lungs) GO AGGIES GO!
***********************************
And a few other super-cute Sadieisms said on a regular basis:
“Kank-you” (thank you) - Said every time I give her something. Cutest thing you’ll ever hear. (And super nice to know that one thing I’ve tried to teach her has sunk in.)
“Eww, doss!” (eww, gross!) – She says this one all the time lately: when she gets something sticky on her hands, when there’s a brown banana left over on her highchair from breakfast, when she throws up all over the table at Chili’s (I’m not kidding – she really did do that just yesterday. It was as horrifying as it sounds.)
“Mosh” – This means “more.” She actually knows how to say it correctly, but for some reason chooses not to.
“Dee dee” – Can you guess what this one means? It’s her name! The “say” sound is obviously hard for her to pronounce, so this is her version.
Speaking of names, this list wouldn’t be complete without a record of her cute pronunciations of names: “Na Ma” is grandma, “Pa Pa” is grandpa, “Ah Ann” is Aunt Ann, “Alle” is Halle or Hadlee (my cousin's baby), “Nam” or “Nammy” is Sam/Sammy, “Tiste” is Aunt Kristen, "Anan" is Uncle Alan, and “Emoos” is Emerson, Sadie’s long-lost boyfriend who she sees only on their blog.
(p.s. We realize we're missing Uncle Boyd in there. She hasn't quite caught on to that one, but we're working on it.)
Phew. That's about all for now. Did you make it to the end?
Stay tuned for more Sadie-isms in the future. There are plenty of funny things coming out of this girl’s mouth.
Totally cracks me up that she yelled "Go Aggies" in the middle of the sacrament! Way to go Sadie! I guess it's time for us to suffer the embarassment we put our parents through! Fortunately most people just think it's cute anyway...:)
ReplyDeleteThat's cute! Good thing it wasn't visiting a ward in the anti-aggie zone... ;) She's growing up fast! and very cute too.
ReplyDeleteI love this. I'm soooo happy she says Emerson. I'm guilty of the Emerson-isms but he talks much less than Sadie, so I'm glad you've jumped on the bandwagon too. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Kevin. How About Those AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! What a CUTIE! I LOVE the way little kids say things AND their little voices! Cute, cute!
ReplyDeleteThrowing up at chili's DOES sound "doss"! :S Poor Sadie... and poor you! Hopefully it was AFTER everyone was done eating! :)
hahaha - she is hilarious! My all-time favorite is "hi nama" - clear as a bell LOVE.IT
ReplyDeleteI love the GO Aggies :) That's so cute. And I can't say I blame her for throwing up at chili's...I had the same reaction last time I went there. ha! She's adorable!
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard at Sadie screaming Go Aggies in church. That's the Sadie we all know and love.
ReplyDelete