Monday, December 21, 2009

Kevin = Official Aggie Alumni!

Graduation day. An awesome day. I felt like I was walking around in a cloud of pride for Kevin. That sounds prideful, doesn't it? But I've come to the conclusion that some kinds of pride are good, and this is one of them. I've been a bit emotional all around lately, and the ceremony really got to me. I'm generally not much of a crier, but there was one point where the speaker had all the graduates stand up and wave to the families who had supported them through their college career, and I was really having a hard time not breaking down into big tears at that point. It was... very cool. Very happy. Just... a good day.


Walking by during the graduation procession.


There he is! My handsome graduate with a big smile on his face.

We had planned on taking pictures around campus afterwards, but didn't get to because it looked like THIS when we got out.


Opening presents. Kevin got some fun stuff, including...


...a shotgun from his brother. I agreed to this only reluctantly. I'm pretty opposed to guns in the house. This baby is going way up in the top of the closet with a big safety lock on it.


And don't forget my cute cake! I tried so hard to get that blue to go Aggie blue, but it just wouldn't do it. Not even close.

Did I mention it was a good day? It was. And I want to give a big thank you to all the family members who showed up to support us. It meant a lot to us to have you there on this most exciting of days.

And now, I'm off to take a big, long blogging break.

So, until next year.... have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Your trip looked so fun, good for you guys for getting away. How fun!!

    P.S. - I tried to email you and it failed I guess, but I did not notice- sorry. However it explains why you didnt answer me back :) Emmett will like anything that is Star Wars, Transformers or Bakugan. Does Sadie have one of those bottles where the milk and juice disappear?

    Let me know and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Kevin, and congrats to you Natalie for surviving with him! That's so exciting, I'm dying to hear what's next for you guys. Oh how I love Utah State, it makes me so happy to see your photos taken there. :)

    Hey I tried emailing you & facebooking you to get a current mailing address so we could send you a Christmas card, but I haven't heard from you so I wondered if the email address I have from you is no longer correct. Mine's still the same: soymelissasmith@gmail.com, if you could shoot me an email with your address that would be awesome! Thanks! Glad to see you're doing so well! Your photos look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete