Friday, December 18, 2009

Adventure in Jackson

I’m a firm believer that it’s good for the soul to break the “everyday life” mold every once in awhile to do something fun. So when Kevin graduated, that's what we did.

By some standards, this “adventure” was hardly the spur-of-the-moment, reckless abandon kind of thing that some couples without a kid might do. But for us, it was adventurous. We went to Jackson Hole to go snowmobiling. It might not sound all that great, but consider the fact that it was 8 hours of snowmobiling and I’ve never been before in my life. And we got stuck in some pretty treacherous chest-deep powder along the way. And there were times when I seriously feared for my life (sheer drop-off to freezing cold river two feet from the trail... need I say more?) Needless to say, I was a bit of a chicken. No crazy speeds and swerving off the trail into the powder for me. Kevin was a different story, the dare-devil.

Meanwhile, Sadie was enjoying an adventure all on her own with my parents. We missed her like crazy, and may have made up a few more excuses to call my parents than we needed to, but it was so nice to be able to revert back to being a newlywed for a few days. We needed it, and most importantly, Kevin was seriously deserving of an "I made it!" celebration.



Four of these babies greeted us when we pulled into town. What are the lights wrapped around, you might ask?

...Why, elk antlers, of course!

Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Taking a break from snowmobiling. Do you love our cute balaclavas? We're starting a new fashion statement. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our two guides digging out their snowmobile. Yes, he's up to his waist in snow there. It was crazy!



Photobucket


I took a ton of pretty landscape pictures, but I know those can get boring. So here's just one pic of my favorite mountain range - the Tetons. They were mostly covered by clouds, but I love how this little peak decided to show itself, along with some dazzling blue sky. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! It's always nice to get away...just the 2 of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you guys! You both deserve a fun trip together. I would be the exact same way worrying about my baby. :) We're here in Utah now...so let's plan a time to get together! Are you guys in Logan or Tremonton or WV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Way to celebrate...I am definitely trying to soak up as much time with just me and Lance as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a perfect way to celebrate for him I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete