*He's probably going to kill me for posting a picture of him with a clip art graduation cap on his head. Love you, honey! :)In case you were wondering, Kevin is graduating tomorrow.
Okay, I tried to say that with maturity and solemnity, but what I’m really thinking is...
KEVIN IS GRADUATING IN 24 HOURS! YIPPEEEEE! HAPPY DANCE! PARTY TIME! HOORAY!
In case you can’t tell, spirits are high around our house.
This has (obviously) been a long time coming. I’m having a hard time imagining our lives without school. After all, it’s almost completely defined the last 4 years and 4 months of our marriage. And what a rollercoaster it’s been. I’ve said it before, but school has definitely not come easy for Kevin. He’s bright and smart in a lot of countless ways, but taking a test literally makes him sick to his stomach. We’ve been to rock bottom and back when it comes to school, and more than once seriously considered throwing our hands in the air and giving up, but we made it. Specifically, he made it. In fact, when I went to see him at work last night, he was literally almost bouncing off the walls with excitement. It made me smile. :)
And I just have one thing to say. I can’t believe how much more I love that guy after having to stand by and watch all the heartache and frustration he’s experienced. He’s one tough cookie. I honestly think I would have given up long ago, but Kevin just kept plugging on through. It’s been pretty incredible to watch.
So what does the future hold for us now? Good question. The job hunt was put on hold for a while because of the slam of final projects, papers, and tests, so no prospects yet. And yes, we realize the job market is terrible right now. We know. We know it’s going to be tough, but we’re very, very blessed to both have good jobs that will keep us afloat for as long as it takes. We also love Logan and our ward right now, so we’re not terribly upset to have to hang out here until a “real” job is found. In a nutshell, we’ve got more waiting to do. But I’m not worried. We've been blessed in a million ways up until now, and I have no doubt the blessings will continue to come.
Congratulations, Kevin! I couldn't be more proud of you.
CONGRATS!! It is such a long hard road!! How sweet it is when the wait is over.
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! Congrats to Kevin for pushing through! :)
ReplyDeleteYay Congrats!! Way to go Kevin!!
ReplyDeleteWahoo!!! Congrats Kevin! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteGOOOOOOO KEVIN!!!!!! That is such exciting news! YOU MADE IT!!! Graduation is the BEST feeling! How exciting! I am SOOOO happy for you and your little family! :) CON-GRAT-U-LA-TIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again to both of you! It was a great day and we are so very proud of you Kevin! Love you so much. I hope you have a blast in Jackson - stay warm!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Kevin (and Natalie)!!!! That is so exciting, BIG accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Nat! I just got your WAY CUTIE Christmas card! That is SUCH a CUTE picture of ALL of you! It was so fun to get in the mail! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYea! Tell him congratulations! That is so so cool.
ReplyDeleteP.S. - I AM SO EXCITED WE GET TO BUY A GIFT FOR SADIE FOR THE PARTY! I know EXACTLY what to get. I hope she loves it :)
Congratulations! Graduating from college is such a huge accomplishment no matter who you are. We're proud of you and can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDelete