Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cabin Fever

Is this Utah weather driving anyone else crazy? Because I feel like I'm about ready to throw something, I'm so sick of it. I actually had to stop looking at blogs the last couple of days because it was making me so crazy to read about everyone back East who's getting dumped on with snow. That's how desperate I am. I. WANT. SNOW. Not because I love it and I want winter to last longer. No. It's because I know Cache Valley, and I know spring is still 3 months away at best, and so if I can't have spring, I want snow to cover up all this cold, frozen, dirty grayness. A few canceled days of work and some decent entertainment would be nice, too.

Sigh.

Sorry. Just had to vent there.

We have done a couple of things to try to break up the cabin fever. Sadie and I made Valentine sugar cookies yesterday on my day off from work. It was a huge, jaw-dropping mess complete with a certain little someone grabbing handfuls of flour and flinging it all over the place, but it was fun.


Then, today, we decided to go for a drive up to Hardware Ranch to see the elk. I know. Not exactly the exotic, warm getaway from the weather I was complaining about, but Sadie had a blast on the sleigh ride that takes you out to see them. And Kevin is always in heaven when wildlife is involved.




So now you know. Next time you see me and I've got an I-want-to-throw-something look on my face, you'll know it's not you. Just the lack of sunshine, is all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Natalie- the snow back East is nice, until you have to spend 2 hours the next morning shoveling out to go to work. Four words: Snow Plow, mound, ice... Hang in there- Happy Valley will get some snow eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I was wondering whose idea the elk trip was. Wait, I didn't wonder for a second. :)

    ReplyDelete