Friday, February 5, 2010

Thoughts on Baby Numero Dos

#1. Baby is due in August. August. I’ve been kept awake at night with visions of swollen limbs, trying to fit into a swimsuit (might just avoid that one all together), and finding maternity clothes that will keep me semi-cool.

#2. Not the slightest clue where we’re going to put a bed for this kid. At this moment, our options are limited to the hallway between the bedrooms or smack in the middle of the floor downstairs. Or the bathroom. (Okay, maybe not the bathroom...)

#3. Sooo tired of going to the bathroom 12 times a day. No, seriously. I usually have a “high-capacity” bladder (all you ever wanted to know about Natalie, right?) and this is driving me crazy. I didn’t have this problem with S until I was 8 months and she was sitting on my bladder.

#4. While we’re on the subject of 2nd-time-around woes, yes, I’m already showing a tiny bit. I’ve been in denial for the past few days, but that little bump is certainly not going away. Time to mourn the loss of stomach muscles.

#5. We asked Sadie the other day what we should name the baby. Her first response was “Sammy” – her cousin. When I told her that might get confusing, she thought for a minute and then said, “Elmo?” Um, no.

#6. Minimal sickness. A bit more than Sadie, but I think it’s safe to say I’m one of those lucky strong-stomachers.

#7. Whoever invented French bread dipped in oil and vinegar should be given a big, teary, grateful hug. (If you’ve never heard of this scrumptious Italian appetizer, I’m sorry for your loss. Really, I am.)

#8. This presents a conundrum for the title of this here little blog. And I'm fresh out of good ideas, really. Any brilliant suggestions? Anyone? :)

The End.

8 comments:

  1. Ummm...I've been out of the digital loop lately, CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up Nat - so glad you have a good sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so excited for you guys!!!

    and i'm not going to lie...being pregnant until august is no fun--like, not at all! i pretty much looked like i had elephantitis feet and was always so hot--but it's worth it :)

    you need to post a picture of your cute little belly! and what's wrong with the name elmo? j/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie! CONGRATS on number two! That's awesome! We've got our second on the way just a couple weeks before you! How fun is that!?! That's so exciting, and I can totally relate on the thoughts on #2. Totally already showing. What the? I mean maybe I was lucky for the first, but this time it was pretty much not worth trying to act like there was no excess stomach after around weeks 12-14. Lame! I guess that's what happens when we're all pre-stretched! Fun anyway. :) I'm DYING to know what we're having, and I'm excited to find out for you guys too! Congrats again! And as for the blog rename, you're gonna have to go for the last name to appease to all parties involved. :) You're so funny, it's so fun to catch up with you via blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let me just say AMEN to all of that. I'm with you all the way to the denial of the baby bump. :( My doctor told me I'd experience all the same discomforts that I did with E 3 months earlier and 10 times worse. Yipee. I'm sure you're adorable though even if you're mourning the loss of your stomach muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm worried about the summer too....and as for the name of your blog? I wish I could help there, but alas, I can't. So basically, I'm of no help to you. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Sadie's first response for names was "Sammy". I'm glad we make such a big impact on her. Is Elmo a boy name? I hope so.

    I showed a LOT earlier with Sam than I did Halle. But if it makes you feel better, you didn't look like you had any baby bump when we saw you.

    ReplyDelete