Some of the lows?
Breastfeeding. Ugh. I am 100% jealous of all the moms who have an easy time with this one. I thought about devoting an entire post to this alone, but I don’t think anyone wants to hear all the gory details. I’m having many of the same problems I had with Sadie and it’s twice as frustrating. I’m determined to give it my best shot, but I’m losing hope really fast. I can sum up the awful experience so far by saying that Ellie had a brief stint as a vampire. (I said it was gory, didn’t I?)
Sadie is awesome with her baby sister, but is reacting to the sudden drop in attention by being a little…demanding… in general. I’m trying really hard to be patient.
My mom had to leave. She was even more heaven-sent than I was expecting, what with the feeding problems and Kevin having to work quite a bit. I could never, ever thank her enough!
My house looks like a tornado hit it. Enough said. :)
But despite all that, we are absolutely in love with our new little girl. She’s an incredibly good baby so far. Much more mellow than Sadie was. I’m totally going to jinx myself by saying this, but the kid sleeps like a rock – day and night. Check back with me in another week and we’ll see if it’s for real or not.
Like I said, Sadie is awesome with Ellie. She gives her unprompted hugs, kisses, and cuddles whenever possible and is usually very gentle with her. She tells everyone around the house, “that’s my baby sister!” Also, Sadie looks absolutely huge to me now. I swear the kid gained 10 pounds over night.
As for me, I’m feeling pretty good as far as recovery goes. We even ventured out for a walk last night to test out our (giant) double stroller and to honor the walk we took exactly one week ago that sent me into labor. That story is coming soon. Seeing as this post took me four days to finish, it might be awhile.
And now... pictures!
This just may be one of my favorites so far. Look at those pretty eyes!
Ready to go home.
Snuggling with grandma.
My good friend Melissa and her grandma came and brought Sadie princess dress-ups. They must have been inspired. Sadie LOVES them.
Sisters!


She is so little, it makes Sadie look like a giant. :) Your girls are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteShe's gorgeous! She looks a lot like Sadie.
ReplyDeleteShe is so tiny! A little hard to imagine one of those kicking about in my belly (unless it's an unusually hard kick anyway...) Good luck with the feedings! My sisters both had to go to a pump, so I'm a little worried myself. I'm excited to watch Ellie grow just like we have seen Sadie!
ReplyDeleteJosh and I think she looks just like a shrunked down Kevin. :) You guys have the cutest kids. I LOVE the picture of Sadie and Ellie. Happy one week birthday to our girls!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I agree that breastfeeding sucks. I'm loosing hope too...
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to the vampire baby...Zachy got his first tooth a few weeks ago and decided to start chomping away...at everything...ahhhhh!! Good luck!! You're girls are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGosh, you forget how tiny they are...Z got big WAY too fast! She's so precious!!
ReplyDeleteEllie is just as beautiful as Sadie was as a baby, but she definitely has her own look.
ReplyDeleteI know the breastfeeding can be frustrating. It took a team of nurses and lactation specialists for me and my two to get it. And even at that we had some REALLY tough times with nursing. Just don't stress it. For some reason we feel like failures if it doesn't work out for us. Trust me, you aren't a failure if you have to give your kid a bottle. Look at those two happy girls - you are clearly doing something right.
LOVE the pictures! I am so jealous of your photography skills! you are very welcome for the princess garb :) I hadn't seen your new blog background/title so when I got on I was so proud of myself :) Well, with her eyes open i think Ellie looks exactly like you! What a CUTIE!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you're struggling with nursing. Scott was my hardest, and I can relate to the vampire comment.
ReplyDeletePlease call me if you need anything - any help with Sadie or Ellie, dinner, want me to watch the girls while you shower . . . The boys are headed to school tomorrow, so I'll have my days free. Let me know if you need anything - seriously.
So pretty! Good luck with adjusting. It will come sooner than you think! You'll love to princesses! I know I sure do!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like we need to chat with our shared challenges/frustrations. I feel ya, girl. It's lucky our GIGANTIC toddlers are cute, huh? Otherwise...I don't know what would happen. It's nice that newborns sleep so much so they can ease you into being a parent of two. I have been extremely grateful for that, especially when I finally get to take a breather when E goes down for his nap. Best of luck. You are a great mom. I hope you remember that you are even when your house looks like a tornado hit and you want to scream back at your toddler. :) Ellie (and Sadie) are adorable. We love you guys!
ReplyDelete