Monday, December 13, 2010

"Casa" Update


Here she is! Isn't she beautiful?

It's not the best picture because it was a dreary, overcast day. And there were workers there, so the garage is up (it's white, in case you were wondering).

And see that siding? When we saw the little foot-long sample in the selections room, it totally looked green. And when we picked it, I was thinking, "yes! I'm going to have a green house!" But, as you can see, it's not so green afterall. It's kind of grayish-green (heavy emphasis on the gray), depending on what the light is like. I was a little panicked at first, but it's growing on me now. Like I said, I think it's beautiful.

It looks like it's about done, doesn't it? When we were in there on Friday, they had started on the cabinets in our kitchen. The only things we can figure they have left is the countertops, the plumbing, installing the light fixtures, and carpet. That's it.

But guess when we're moving in?

Not next week, I can tell you that. Our move date keeps getting pushed around and now we're not doing our "walk through" until the second weekend in January. And the bummer part is that we have to be out of our apartment a few days after Christmas. That means we get to move all our stuff to storage for a couple weeks and move in with my in-laws. I'm just counting my lucky stars that they live semi-close and are willing to let us bombard them for those couple of weeks. I don't know what we'd do otherwise!

As for Christmas, I'm feeling Scrooge-ish and am not putting up a full-sized tree even though we'll now be here for the entire holiday. Terrible, aren't I? :)

6 comments:

  1. I think it's okay to have a Scrooge-ish year once. I had mine last year, I couldn't have cared less about Christmas, I just wanted to meet my baby!

    I LOVE your house, it looks so nice! I've been so house hungry the past few months and have been looking at real estate online and dreaming...maybe next Christmas! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute! I am excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the house!!! That's so exciting!! (minus the fact that the move-in date keeps being changed..I'd probably be Scrooge-ish too). Merry Christmas anyways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks fantastic! I'm sorry you guys can't get in before christmas, but I'm sure it will be worth it when you do get in. :) I'm not moving into a house and I haven't put up any christmas stuff...I guess I'm just scrooge-ish to since I'm hardly ever home to actually enjoy it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks great! i can't wait to come and see it. You will invite us over sometime... right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! So sorry you won't be in it for Christmas though. :( Good luck with the moving and storage and moving again. Just think how wonderful it will be to stretch Christmas out until you are actually in your house!

    ReplyDelete