Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sadieisms

Sadie says about a bazillion funny, random, and witty things in a day and I can never remember any of them when I go to write them down. Just trust me. The kid is a walking chatterbox. This is just a few of the little "Sadieisms" I hear in a day.




“I love hot dogs, so you see… we love clocks, yessiree!”


Our house agent gave Sadie a Tootsie Roll as we were leaving. As we walked away, she said, “that’s so nice of him.”


Singing to her baby: "Rock-a-bye, don’t you cry, we are going to Aggie game."


"I need a treat. It make me so really happy!"


"I bored. Mommy, you go on adventure with me?"


During prayer: “Bless us we will be able go potty.”


Me: Could you go grab your pajamas out of your room for me?
Sadie: Umm… let me fink. Well...probby not.


Grandpa was singing “rock-a-bye baby” to Ellie. Sadie listened for a minute, then started to sway herself back and forth on the swinging barstool while singing, “rock-a-bye, meee…”


Sadie: Mommy, I have a snack?
Me: No, it’s almost dinnertime.
Sadie: (Holding up one little finger) Just one snack, mommy. Just one teeny snack. That’s it.


And some other funny catchphrases she says ALL the time:

Okay. I got two options…

You kidding me!
Probably (pronounced “probby”). As in, “probby I have a snack right now.”

So... (Yes. She starts all her sentences with "so." Wonder where she got that from?)

Wait just a minute.

5 comments:

  1. What a funny, funny little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sadie would be really good friends with my niece, they're so much alike!

    I love this age when they say all the funny things, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie is such a cute!! (as is Ellie). I love listening to kids...they are so funny!! How's the new house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS She is soooo funny! I am practically rolling on the ground laughing! Man, I can never understand why anyone wouldn't want kids! they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love it. Kids definitely say the darndest things. Too bad we can't pull recordings from our memories so we can capture it all.

    ReplyDelete