Friday, January 28, 2011

Par-tay(s)

Sadie was just a little bit spoiled last week. The kid basically had 3 "birthdays" spread out over a week. She was a bit confused when Saturday was over and I told her there wouldn't be another birthday for a long, long time.

First, we had a little "friends" party. Sadie specifically asked me if her "play group friends" could come to our house, so I complied. The few pics I took didn't really turn out, but we basically just let the kids run free while we chatted, decorated crowns, played "pin the kiss on the frog," and munched on these little guys:

(Aren't they cute? They were super easy!)


Then came the actual birthday day. Kevin had to work, but Sadie and I spent our morning playing with her new toy:



She was pretty excited.

For dinner, we had an interesting combo of Sadie's favorites: pancakes (of course), Jell-O, and chocolate milk. Mmm... healthy!



Sadie also got to officially play the Wii Fit for the first time. (The game makes you enter your birthday and won't let any kid under the age of exactly 3 play.)



Then, finally, we had a family party on Saturday. Sadie was in seventh heaven with all of her favorite people together in her new house.

Sadie requested a "princess cake," so I tried my hand at a Princess Barbie cake. After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (okay, maybe just tears), and hours of work, this is the finished product:


It looks okay on the outside, but the inside was... interesting. It didn't taste the best, that's for sure. Oh, well. Sadie thought it was the best thing on the planet and that's really all that matters, right?

We also opened presents,


blew out candles,


and clapped and cheered as Ellie nonchalantly decided to sit up all by herself (the toy plate stuffed in her mouth may have had something to do with it - she was a little distracted.) 

All in all, a good week!

9 comments:

  1. Ah! Ellie's sitting up? My girls are almost there, but it kinda freaks me out. I've officially decided that I DON'T want them to get any bigger. But then I look at pictures of Sadie and think of how adorable kids are at that age, and then I don't know what I want.

    *sigh*

    Oh and those cupcakes and Barbie cake? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she's 3 already! You did a great job on those cakes too! I agree with Brittany though... Not sure I'm ready for my little one to grow up, but excited for her to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN! I love the pin the kiss on the frog game and the cupcakes! Way cute! And that barbie princess cake? A-MA-ZING! I'm totally impressed! What a lucky girl! How fun that she got a kitchen! and "Way to go Ellie!" for sitting up all by herself!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness...you are amazing Natalie! Those cupcakes and the princess cake are AWESOME! I am so impressed.
    Anyways, Happy Birthday to Sadie! What a doll she is :) Love how cute she looks playing with her kitchen set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing!! The cake and cupcakes were so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love the birthday fun!! Those cakes are awesome and they make me excited to start planning Zac's birthday (although like everyone else, I'd prefer he didn't grow up so fast!)

    What a lucky girl to have such a talented mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake is amazing!!! who cares about the taste...does anyone ever really remember if cake is good or not? haha! She's growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Sadie! It looks like you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm super impressed with your princess cake and frog cupcakes! So cute. What a good mom to have a birthday party. I have yet to even ponder having one for E. :) And I'm so impressed with Ellie's sitting up skillz.

    ReplyDelete