Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Madness 2008

Our Christmas was so much fun this year (minus Christmas Eve... see previous post). We started a tradition when we were first married to always have Christmas morning with just our little family. I'm so glad we did. We do all the family stuff later of course, and love it, but there's something about having those Christmas morning memories with just us that I'm always going to cherish.

Surprisingly, Sadie wasn't as in to the wrapping paper as I thought she'd be. That just left more presents for me and Kevin to open "for her." She loved them when they were out of the boxes though. Santa brought her a basketball hoop (daddy must have a special "in" with Santa...), a "walker," and a new book. Mommy and daddy got her a Cabbage Patch doll named Hailey, a new jacket, a cute sweater, and new shoes.

Kevin and I were also showered with gifts, including Brian Regan concert tickets for Kevin and a cool new picture of Christ for me. We had originally planned to spend the rest of our day in Tremonton, but we got snowed in (or, rather, snowed out of Tremonton - it rained most the day here), so we put off our trip until the next day.

Later, after Christmas, we spent a few days in West Valley with the Coopers. Sadie got spoiled more from both sets of grandparents and the end result is that we have a TON of toys in our tiny apartment. Gotta love Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see you guys for a few days. It never seems long enough. And I can't say it enough - Sadie's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you had such an adventure on Christmas Eve! I wish we could have seen you, Sadie is so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete