Two years ago an itty-bitty 6 pound 10 ounce baby was placed in my arms and I instantly fell in love.
Two years ago I became a mother to a certain beautiful baby girl...

...and I was never quite the same. Now, two years later, that same little girl is a spunky, hold-nothing-back, exquisitely charming 2-year old. These have been, without a doubt, the best two years.
And now for a little update on Sadie’s “favorites” at this very moment. (Which I realize is totally just an excuse for me to brag about her a little but, hey – I’m her mom. It’s my right and honor.)
Sadie...
...loves to dance. Her nursery leader has commented more than once about her cute dancing during singing time. Apparently she stands up and busts some serious moves.
...is quite the singer. She has even started “singing” along with me in sacrament meeting. “Once there was a snowman” is her favorite (no, we do not sing that in sacrament meeting – how awesome would that be, though?).
...is brilliant, in my own humble opinion. She can identify and say all her ABCs, knows most of her colors, counts to 10 (usually skipping 6 and 7), and has a crazy good memory.
...has turned into quite the chatterbox. She’s forming short sentences and is constantly spouting off demands and requests. Luckily, she’s still very good about adding in a “tank-you mommy/daddy!” when she gets what she wants.
...loves books. One of her most-repeated phrases (or should I say demands?) is “book to read!” Some of her favorites: Hungry Little Caterpillar, Click, Clack, Moo, the Napping House, the Pookie series, and Cinderella.
...still throws the world’s loudest tantrums. This is now compounded by the fact that she’s learned the use of possessive pronouns (“no! my book!”)
...has dubbed macaroni and cheese (or “cheese – hot” as she calls it) as her favorite food.
...is a dairy fanatic. The girl loves anything dairy – milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream. I’m pretty sure this is a big reason she has no problem on the growth chart. :)
...is still a fairly picky eater. I’ve come to realize she could be much, much worse, but it’s still hard to remember that when she refuses to touch the dinner I've slaved over.
...has a serious nurturing instinct. Her beloved baby doll must go everywhere with her. To bed, in the car, next to her highchair. She’s great at “giving it loves” and regularly sings songs to her, rocks her, wraps her up in blankies, and spends hours situating her along with all of her accessories in a good spot.
and, last but not least, she is absolutely beautiful...
Happy Birthday, Sadie Shay!
Thank you for making our little world a funnier, brighter, more lovable place.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!!! I remember when we came to Logan Regional and saw all teeny tiny 6lbs 10oz of her for the very first time! What a cutie and she still is! I LOVE the pictures, Nat! It was fun to see what she is up to! She IS a smarty pants... when I was student teaching we had kids in kindergarten who couldn't identify all of their ABCs! Way to go Sadie! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your girl baby girl. How fast that is gone, I can't believe my baby will be two in a few months!! Wow!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sadie! She is growing up so fast Nat! I bet you're enjoying every moment (other than the tantrums perhaps...) :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! She sure is adorable!
ReplyDeleteHaPpY 2nD BiRThDay SaDiE!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sadie! Thanks for being such a bright spot in our family - you keep us smiling and laughing! We love you so much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great updates and posts Nat - they make my day when we have to go weeks without seeing you!! Can't wait for Saturday :)
Happy Birthday Sadie! Two years have flown by but she does get more beautiful, hard to believe!
ReplyDeleteShe is truly adorable! :) Happy (belated) birthday Sadie!
ReplyDeleteAwe, Sadie you're too cute! Happy Birthday cute girl! We love her little personality (Emerson included). I hope it was a fun day for such a special girl!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sadie! You are such a doll. It was fun seeing you this weekend.
ReplyDelete