Success!
We're asking ourselves why we didn't do this earlier. It's been great! Not perfect, but still really good. Nap time the last two days has been marked by sad tears and wailing for about a half hour even though she was great for the two days before that. Not anything we can't handle, though. But then she sleeps perfectly. Nighttime has been a breeze.
Like I said - great!
We decided to go with the "cutting off the tip" method. Kevin had to navigate the waters alone the first night because I was stuck in a meeting. He simply offered her the binkie, she realized immediately it wasn't right, and he left. She did cry for 20 minutes or so, but then went to sleep and was perfect the rest the night. After that, she hasn't cried at night at all. When I put her down the next night, I mentioned the binkie was "broken." She asked "mommy help?" once (as in, mommy, will you please be nicer than daddy and give me a good binkie?), which almost made me cave, but she seemed to accept it in stride when I told her I couldn't help and the binkie was "broken" for good.
Phew. Now watch - writing this is going to jinx me and she's going to decide tonight that it's time to throw a raging tantrum until she gets that binkie back...
Yea for Sadie! Here's to hoping potty training is as easy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I hope it stays well and nothing was jinxed!!
ReplyDeleteOh! Gettin' rid of the ol' bink is a HARD decision, but we felt the same way. After like a week Sawyer was totally over it! You'll be so glad you did it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it went well, makes me less nervous to do it...maybe I should go for it next week with Alana!
ReplyDelete