Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blessing Day



Apparently we have a thing for the easy-to-remember dates when it comes to Ellie. She was born on 8-9-10, so it seems only appropriate that she was blessed on 10-10-10, the other "cool" date this year.

It was a really, really good day. It's hard to find words to describe the eternal perspective a day like Sunday gives me. It's an indescribable feeling to see my baby dressed completely in white and to watch my amazing Priesthood-holding husband take her from my arms and carry her to the front of the chapel to be blessed. It's hard to imagine that anyone could look into those beautiful, innocent eyes of hers and not believe that her little spirit came from a premortal world. It's a day like Sunday that makes me grateful for my testimony. Grateful that I know where this little girl came from. Grateful that I know she was sent here by a Heavenly Father who loves her - and me - and my little family. Grateful that I know He is listening and watching and answering my prayers. And grateful that I know this is His Gospel.

Like I said - it's the kind of day that puts it all into perspective.

Our awesome family was, of course, also there to share in our special day. We really love our family. They may not be large in number, but boy, are they loyal. The post-blessing gathering took place outside, where we were able to not be crammed into our little apartment and instead enjoyed the beautiful weather.


 The gathering outside our apartment. (Did I mention the weather was perfect?)

Kevin's family (both his brothers had to leave before pictures).


My family.


Grandma and Grandpa "Moose" (I love this picture, with Ellie screaming and Sadie whining to get down... and my grandparents enjoying it all.)


And us... our little family of four. Still seems weird. :)

8 comments:

  1. My sister pointed out the same thing. 8-9-10 and 10-10-10! What awesome days to have babies and bless them. That first picture kills me. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a perfect day! Such a sweetheart our little Ellie is. Thanks for sharing your "eternal perspective" - we have so much to be thankful for. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! your girls are beautiful! :) Won't it be nice when your house is all built and there is no more apartment to be crammed in. Glad the weather was nice for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet again you made me cry. Maybe I should stop reading your blog at work? Maybe? I LOVE the pictures and I also LOVE your loyal little family, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those kind of days. When heaven's light just seems to shine right on you and you get tojust bask in the warmth the entire day!

    Thanks SO much for sharing what you know, Nat. I went with the missionaries the other day to visit a man who was very bitter and said some mean ugly things about the church that were untrue but still hurt. It was music to my ears to read your touching words...just what I needed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps Ellie looks ADORABLE! And you my dear are beautiful!(inside and out:)) I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is beautiful! Ellie looked so pretty in her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that last picture of your cute little family of four!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete