I’m in love with a piece of dirt.
Completely and totally smitten.
Every rock, every speck of dust in that big old pile of dirt has our name on it. The weeds? They’re our weeds. The bugs that are blissfully inhabiting our piece of dirt? They’re our bugs (unless they decide to crawl onto the lot next to us).
Now, if it were just a piece of dirt that was destined to sit there, it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting. But there is a house being built on that piece of dirt. That dirt has serious possibilities! I look at it and see kids playing in the yard and riding their bikes up and down the sidewalk in front of it. I see green grass, flower beds, trees, and a garden. This is the spot we’ll come home to. When we’ve had a long day, this is where we’ll breathe a sigh of relief as we pull into the driveway.
It’s so, so much more than a piece of dirt. It’s our very own little home. I can’t wait to move in. December/January can't come soon enough!
I’ve resolved not to post about every little miniscule milestone we go through as our house is being built. That’s boring, I know. But here are a few pictures of the status of our house as of last night (they've done all this in just 3 weeks - amazing!).
The front view. That's obviously the garage that's framed. The rest of the framing is probably going up today.
Kevin and Sadie standing in our "living room." Can you see part of our view of the valley back there? That's the best part of our lot!
Sadie, mid-"happy house dance."
Touching the beam over the garage.
Looking into our "daylight" basement.
| One last picture of cute Sadie, peeking into the basement. |
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wow, that view is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys, how fun! I can't wait to have a house...someday... ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is SO exciting Natalie! You will LOVE owning your own home! I love that last picture of cute Sadie! So fun! And I am so jealous that you get to live in Cache Valley :)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Keep the pictures of the progress of your house coming!
ReplyDeleteTODAY IS OCTOBER 22... A very SPECIAL day... YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! hApPy BiRtHdAy NaTaLiE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm ooober jealous of that piece of dirt! I can't wait to see more pictures/updates!
Yay! And I love all the 'boring' updates. I've actually been pretty curious about that house of yours. Um... I'm officially inviting myself (and possibly Josh and the babies) over sometime once you get settled in and we're in Logan. So excited for you! Oh, and not to creep on other comments, but I see it's also your birthday! Happy birthday, former neighbor! :)
ReplyDelete