Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just call her "chubs."

For the record, my little Ellie... is not so little.

Her 2 month appointment yesterday confirmed what I suspected. The kid weighs 11 pounds 9 ounces. That's 75th percentile! Same with height, which is also 75th percentile.

I'm not used to chubby babies. Sadie only weighed 9 pounds at two months and gained almost no weight in the two months after that (long story, that one). She was not a chubby baby. So a few days ago when I started to smell a sour smell coming from Ellie, I was totally stumped. I had just given her a bath! What was that smell?!

Turns out when your baby has a triple chin, milk and spit-up gets conveniently trapped between all those adorably cute rolls. That's right. Stinky milk trapped in Ellie's neck. Ew.

(Tangent. I call her "chubby" or "chubs" or "chumba-wumba" all the time. Do you think I'm giving her a complex? Do you think she'll read these blog posts someday and cry because her mom called her "chubby" when she was just two months old? She is a girl, after all. Girls are seriously sensitive about that kind of thing. I hope she realizes I say it with every affectionate cell in my body. Chubby babies are cute!)

However, being chubby is deceiving. The kid has some serious muscle tone under all those folds. The proof? She rolled over from her tummy to her back on Friday night. I was completely shocked. I think it was an adrenaline rush or something, though. She has yet to do it a second time.

Also, for the record? Watching your 2-month old get shots is not easier the second time around. There's just something about the way they cry. I think it gets a bit better the older they get, but 2 months? Still completely breaks my heart.


Yeah. Pretty much best picture ever.

 The face she makes when she's making all her cute little baby "talking" sounds.

Sigh. I love dressing up girls.

And last but not least... the arm rolls. Let's say it together. Awww....

2 comments:

  1. She is just too adorable! And I, too, love chubby babies! Both B & C were 20 lbs. by the time they were six months old. We called B the Michelin Man.

    And, yes, milk and body oil does get caught up in the rolls - I learned that the hard way, too! :) But, there's nothing better than a cute, chubby, naked baby after bathtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for chubby babies! They are the BEST...and I'm not just saying that because I have one! I thought that even before I had Kate! :)

    ReplyDelete