Wednesday, February 2, 2011

100 Days of Happy

I really, really despise this time of year. Today it's freezing cold (albeit deceivingly beautiful) outside, the kids are both sick with colds, and the house is STILL a mess despite my efforts at cleaning all morning.

I needed a pick-me-up, to say the least. And I think I found it.

While I was blog hopping earlier today (okay, obviously I wasn't cleaning ALL morning), I happened upon this little blog and her brilliant idea to do a "100 Happy Days" project. It's pretty self-explanatory: just find one thing a day that makes you happy - big or small - and record it.

It's exactly what I need. I've been thinking about it all morning (you know, while I've been hard at work blog hopping cleaning) and I think I'm just going to do it. Why not? It will definitely help break me out of these winter blahs.

I also need the accountability to keep me going, so doing it in my journal is out. That leaves... here! I'm sure some of you will be so sick of me by May you'll never check my blog again. I'll try to keep it interesting so (hopefully) that doesn't happen. :)

(And you're welcome to do it with me, of course. It could be kinda fun!)

So now, without further ado, I present to you: my day one "happy:"





Sadie and I made chocolate chip cookies today and they turned out almost perfect. That's big because I'm pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to chocolate chip cookies.

And now my house smells divine.

Happy! :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally copied you. Yep my dear Natalie this post got me to post after my 8 month drought! MIRACLE! Thank you for being so amazing and funny and for inspiring me. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your challenge AND yay for Tara's comeback!! Thanks for the reminder that we have so many things to be happy about. I don't have
    anywhere to post my "happies" but I'll be thinking them along with you.
    Can Sadie and Ellie be my "happies" every day?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look sooooo good! I want to come to your house ;)

    Great idea, especially with the single digit weather today making it easy to want to grumble!

    ReplyDelete