Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy {Day 91}

(This was fully intended as yesterday's post but the video took a long time to upload. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :))

Sisters make me happy.



The budding little relationship that these two have makes me smile everyday.

I love to watch the two of them together. The big sister/little sister mojo comes completely natural to both of them. Sadie is...well, she's a little on the bossy side. Her attitude towards Ellie is 100% little mother. She's always calling her "sweetheart" and trying to "help" her - help her roll over, help her eat her food, help her play with her toys (a.k.a. taking them away and playing with them herself).

And Ellie? At only eight months, she already knows how to play the "I'm the poor picked on little sister" card. The second Sadie takes one of her toys, she immediately looks around for me and then screams in protest. But she also does everything possible to try to get her big sister's attention. When Sadie is around, Ellie fixes Sadie in her sights and screams, babbles, and waves her arms until Sadie pays attention. There is no doubt that Sadie is her idol. I can just see in her eyes how bad she wants to be able to follow Sadie around.

Here's a little video of the two of them "playing" the other morning:


And I can't do a post about sisters without mentioning my own sisters.

My little sis, Kristen, is like the coolest person around. If I had half as much talent as that girl has... well, my house would certainly be a lot prettier than it is now. :) And she can always make me laugh. She moved to California recently and we really miss her. Sadie asks me if "Aunt Kristen" is going to be there every time we visit my parents.

My sister-in-law, Ann, also deserves a mention. She's like the big sister I never had, not to mention she's super domestic and one of the coolest moms ever. I look up to her in a lot of ways and I'm really glad that I inherited her as another pseudo-sister. :)

So, yeah. Sisters of all kinds are the best. We love them around here. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I love all sisters just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post just made me happy! Want to know why, sister of mine?
    First, cuz it has a video! You need to post more of these, because those kids of yours are adorable and funny and I miss seeing and hearing that!
    Second, I made your happy list! Wahoo! You are the best sister and I miss you too!
    Third, because Sadie asks about me. I was afraid she was going to forget her amazing and awesome Aunt Kristen, and we just can't have that!
    Fourth, because while reading it our "Sissy Song" popped in my head, and that is always a happy and funny thing. We need to find a recording of it and spread it to the masses so they can see our awesomeness.
    And lastly, because I am making the longest comment known to mankind because of it. :)
    And as a last little side note, I am sad your daily posts are ending!
    Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I think everyone needs a sister. Even boys to keep them in line. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sisters are the best! I, myself, have some of the best sisters and sisters-in-law ever! I love that Sadie and Ellie are sissies and you and Kristen as well! Make me HAPPY!

    p.s. I'm sure I can pull a video of the "sissie" song from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are so cute! I'll take part of the blame for why you didn't post this on Tuesday--you were a little occupied with another toddler all day long! THANK YOU! Hadlee talked the whole way home and kept saying "Sadie"! I think she had fun!

    ReplyDelete