Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy {Day 99}.

Cache Valley.

I'm finally to the time of year where I can enthusiastically say that I LOVE Cache Valley. January through March? Mmm...not so much. But now is when the valley starts to come to life. Now is when it's green and picture-perfect and it more than redeems itself from that long, miserable winter.

(Yes, I realize it's also still rainy - but so is the entire country, apparently. I'm not going to hold Cache Valley singularly responsible for that one.)

I know quite a few people who aren't so fond of Cache Valley. I wish I could plop them all down on a day like today and make them take a deep breath. Then I'd take them to the old amphitheater at Utah State and make them just sit and look at this view for a few minutes:

img from here

Then I'd take them to Aggie Ice Cream to seal the deal. :)

Not only do I love how Cache Valley looks, I love that it's the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. (Although it could use more shopping, in my opinion. But I've learned to survive. Sigh.) I love all the quirky things there are to do. Going to Gossner to pick up squeaky cheese, hanging out at Wellsville's Founders Day or Smithfield's Health Day, sledding down Old Main Hill... the list is long and sometimes odd, my friends. :)

But I love it.

I love living here and I wouldn't have it any other way!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy it for me! It's my happy place and I've been away far too long. Too bad I can't convince the hubs that it's worth a pay cut to live there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what #100 is! Its weird, I actually feel pressure to make my last few really really great. I really hope you don't steal mine. I would have a really hard time coming up with another one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for tomorrow to see #100!! I'm so sad tho - I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I don't have yours, Camie's and Tara's "happies" to check out. It's been so fun!

    p.s. I love Cache Valley too - I only wish it were closer to Salt Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you don't want to do 200 days of happy? ;) I love reading your fun posts, and they always make me...Happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that makes me home sick. I love Logan!

    ReplyDelete