We went to her well-baby appointment this morning, and our suspicions were confirmed: she's getting to be a bit chunky! I'm more than happy with this. Despite everyone's reassurances when she was younger, I always hated worrying about her weight. Not to mention I'm completely in love with her chubby legs and cheeks! Right now, she weighs 17 lbs. 10 oz. That sounds huge to me, but it's only the 30th percentile. Go figure. She's also 27 1/2 inches long (50th percentile). Maybe she'll inherit a bit of her daddy's height!
Anyways, enough with the boring stuff. Here are some of the things Sadie loves to do at 9 months old:
Crawl (or try to - you know what I mean) around the room:

Pick up food (and anything else she can find on the floor) with her cute little chubby fingers:
Drink from the big-girl cup:+034.jpg)
Cuddle with a blankie at bedtime and naptime. Mommy and daddy especially love this one because she's out like a light when she gets that blanket next to her face. :)
+037.jpg)
Jabber. Loudly. Especially in sacrament meeting. (I'll have to post a video sometime)
"Play" with other kids her size. We had a fun-filled weekend of cousins and boyfriends (Sadie's designated boyfriend, Emerson, that is - he's the one in the pic) and she loved all the mini-humans down on her level.

Next time I do Sadie's "favorites," she'll be a year old! Aaahh!
she is so cute. I want a chubby baby when I have kids.
ReplyDeletecute pictures! I can't believe she is nine months!! Happy Birthday to you Natalie!
ReplyDeleteNat, I can't believe she's already 9 months old!! What a big girl!
ReplyDeleteOh, and happy birthday, Nat!
I'm so so so glad we got to see you last weekend! We're definitely going to have to get together at Christmas. I just can't keep Emerson away from Sadie for that long! She's such a cute girl and I heart her chubby legs and cheeks too. :) Thanks for letting us drop by!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Natalie (yesterday)! I hope you had fun - and just an FYI I am not sure you can video tape Sadie jabbering in church. Can we take camcorders into sacrament meeting?
ReplyDelete