I was looking over my blog posts this morning and I realized that lately it's all just a travel log of where we've been this summer. Since it's a Friday and work is slower than slow, I decided to update what's been going on in the life of Sadie.
Sadie is now 8 1/2 months old. Isn't that crazy? It’s quite dramatic around our house as she tries to figure out the crawling deal. She’s constantly tipping over, doing face-plants, and getting stuck in odd places (like under the piano bench). And the way she reacts to it would make you think it’s the end of the world. She’s not crawling in the normal sense of the word, but she scoots on her tummy. Not forward. Backward. Thus the problem of suddenly finding herself in strange places. She also tries over and over again to get from a sitting position to her tummy. That’s where the tipping over and face-plants come in. We’re confident it’ll be any day now that she figures out the right way to get from point A to point B. Until then, we’re enjoying the fact that objects in our house are relatively safe from her grabby, drooly hands.
Sadie is now 8 1/2 months old. Isn't that crazy? It’s quite dramatic around our house as she tries to figure out the crawling deal. She’s constantly tipping over, doing face-plants, and getting stuck in odd places (like under the piano bench). And the way she reacts to it would make you think it’s the end of the world. She’s not crawling in the normal sense of the word, but she scoots on her tummy. Not forward. Backward. Thus the problem of suddenly finding herself in strange places. She also tries over and over again to get from a sitting position to her tummy. That’s where the tipping over and face-plants come in. We’re confident it’ll be any day now that she figures out the right way to get from point A to point B. Until then, we’re enjoying the fact that objects in our house are relatively safe from her grabby, drooly hands.
+001.jpg)
Don't worry. This is just one of Kevin's old textbooks. I wish I could say cheap entertainment, but it's probably her most expensive toy!
I also wanted to mention the craziness that is Sadie's hair. She's never had much of it , but what she does have is wild. It's wispy, feathery, and kind of blond (no idea where that came from). "Bedhead" is "all-day head" for this girl. I've tried numerous methods of getting it to slick down, but no luck. No doubt - it definitely fits her personality!

Even though she’s the craziest baby I’ve ever seen, I love this age. Even though she’s going through a bit of a high-maintenance stage (did I also mention she’s teething again? ugh!), she still cracks me up. I never knew I’d get so much enjoyment just from her babbling. She “talks” to everything. Her toys, her food, us, the wall. You name it. She also gets the giggles at the most random times. I love my funny girl. :)
She is so so adorable. I think this age untill about 4ish is the cutest. I love how they are always so excited to learn something new. To bad they learn they have opions, thats when it gets fun.
ReplyDeleteThat's so much fun to see how she's growing up. She is super cute.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the crazy baby hair! It is so soft! What a cutie! Alana & Sadie should be friends!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute. I want one so bad but not yet. Anyway I love your blog and was wondering how you did it let me know
ReplyDeleteSadie and Sam DO have the same hair! And I love the picture of her playing with Kevin's book. She is so adorable! I remember when Halle was learning to crawl. She moved around on her belly for a long time and pulled herself forward with her arms - army crawl style. Now she runs around the house at full speed. It's crazy how quickly they change. Enjoy every minute, because it doesn't last!
ReplyDeleteOh I think that sadie is so stinkin cute, I am so excited to have one of my own crazy girl. also I have noticed that she always has cute head bands, where do you get them or do you make them?
ReplyDelete